1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How do I get Dr Prius?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by KJ Fitz, Jul 21, 2021.

1. KJ Fitz

KJ Fitz Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Pulled the hybrid battery, all cells checked above 7.5 volts, cleaned up a lot of corrosion from cables, replaced bus bars, put battery back -- still have The Red triangle of Death. Apparently someone is low capacity.

At least now it will start, and is sending power to the hybrid battery, but still have the Red Triangle. I understand there exists a "Dr Prius" app which with a Bluetooth OBD scanner, will tell me what's up with the cells. How do I get that app? The techstream is not an option, as I don't have a laptop.

Code is P0AFA, Hybrid Battery Voltage Low, per my OBD scanner.

#1 KJ Fitz, Jul 21, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2021
  2. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    You download dr prius from the app store. You need a bluetooth obd2 reader. If your car drives at normal speeds try driving it until it charges the battery. Just cleaning the corrosion won't charge it.

jerrymildred likes this.
  3. GuamKelly

GuamKelly Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    III
    It still has the Red Triangle of Death and will not drive. Unlike before I cleaned it up, though, it now starts the ICE and charges the battery, which has gone from one purple bar to six blue bars. I'll download the app and try to find a Bluetooth compatible OBD2, thanks -- but they seem to be sold out everywhere. If anyone has a link to one that's actually available, I'd appreciate it.

QUOTE="rjparker, post: 3171064, member: 41651"]You download dr prius from the app store. You need a bluetooth obd2 reader. If your car drives at normal speeds try driving it until it charges the battery. Just cleaning the corrosion won't charge it.

[/QUOTE]

4. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I am showing the Amazon link as available, maybe not two day to Guam.

5. BuildingInspectorBrian

BuildingInspectorBrian Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
  6. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Call his office and make an appointment.
    Be sure to bring your insurance card