1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

how do I hook up my iPod?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by 07indurham, Jan 29, 2007.

1. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MickeyA @ May 30 2007, 08:38 AM) [snapback]452091[/snapback]</div>

No. The car shuts down all power going to the AUX jack and Cig lighter jack when you turn off the car.

2. MickeyA

MickeyA New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Vagabond @ May 30 2007, 12:13 PM) [snapback]452116[/snapback]</div>

Thanks!

3. indiepants

indiepants New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tomtiki @ Apr 19 2007, 01:01 PM) [snapback]426103[/snapback]</div>
    I use a drive+play and *love* it. It was easy to install pretty cleanly--no dashboard surgery required. It gives you full ipod control with a nice now playing display and keeps the ipod charged. You can get them on ebay for less than $75 pretty easily.

4. benlenz

benlenz Junior Member

I'm gonna cram replies to several posts in here, so stay with me . . .

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tomtiki @ Apr 19 2007, 10:01 AM) [snapback]426103[/snapback]</div>
    I have the Harman Kardon Drive+Play. I like it overall, but it has some issues that I don't like and HK won't take responsibility for. See my review here: http://priuschat.com/Harman-Kardon-DrivePl...led-t24016.html

Some folks prefer to use a DICE unit or similar that works thru the MFD. I like the D+P because it DOESN'T use the MFD. It has its own display and controller, so I can always see what's playing and start/stop/fw/rw without goofing with display screens.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MickeyA @ May 30 2007, 08:38 AM) [snapback]452091[/snapback]</div>
    It can't do any damage to the Prius battery because the 12v socket goes dead when the car is off. A perhaps bigger question is what having the battery of the iPod constantly fully charged does.

"Use iPod Regularly
    For proper maintenance of a lithium-based battery, it’s important to keep the electrons in it moving occasionally. Be sure to go through at least one charge cycle per month." (http://www.apple.com/batteries/ipods.html)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(viking31 @ Feb 14 2007, 07:28 AM) [snapback]390135[/snapback]</div>
    It's true that the iPod's volume setting has no effect on the line output of the dock connector. Unfortunately, neither do any of your equalizer settings. I listen to both music and podcasts, both of which need their own equalizer settings. I have switched back to using the headphone jack because of this.

OK. I'm done.

5. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(garbageman @ Jun 5 2007, 06:25 PM) [snapback]456177[/snapback]</div>
    EQ settings do indeed effect audio output, both through the 3.5mm jack and the data jack.