1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How do I install a new auto on high beam lights switch

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Jon Watkins, Apr 22, 2022.

1. Jon Watkins

Jon Watkins Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    The auto high beams are no longer staying on when the switch is depressed in my 2017 three. As long as I hold the switch in the light on the dash illuminates but as soon as I release it the dash light goes off. I know the lock that holds the switch on when depressed is not working (seems to be a known gen 4 problem). I bought the new auto high beam switch from my local dealer. Searched for a video or written instructions for installing this switch and could not find anything. Has anyone changed the auto high beam switch or can point me to a video or written instructions? Dealer wants $150 to install it.

2. Hidyho

Hidyho Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Before you change the switch, make sure you haven't accidentally pushed the switch panel in with your knee while getting in sometime, I've have something like that happen and the switch didn't work right until I pulled it back out in the correct placement. Its just a matter of pulling the panel out if you can grab it, or pushing from rear, not a major pull or push either.

Mambo Dave likes this.