1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How do I open the hatch door when powered up?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by ZC1, Jul 1, 2008.

1. darelldd

darelldd Prius is our Gas Guzzler

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Every time I press it, I realize I'm out of beer. The S really hits the fan then, boy! But then when I release it, I realize it was just taunting me. Stay away from that button. It is the devil.

2. Jack66

Jack66 Kinda Jovial Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    It usually makes me panic trying to figure out how to turn it off in a hurry. Although I must confess that the panic button has never been pushed on my Prius.

I think the intended purpose is to draw lots of attention to your immediate location. It could dissuade a carjacker or bring someone to help if you have a medical emergency. The problem with the carjacker is most people, well.....panic, and don't remember to press the panic button in those situations.

3. ZC1

ZC1 Junior Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Go ahead... Press it and see what happens.
    I dare you. I double dare you...

Loud honking horns, bright flashing lights and don't be surprised if the fire department, police and emergency squads arrive at your site.
    The button is dynamically linked to a satellite transceiver which locates you in an instant and provides full rescue operation personnel.

On top of that, .......zzzzzzzz....snore....zzzzzzz
    (noise wakes him up)
    Huh, what..?? Are we there yet??
    "Gawd Honey, you won't believe what I was dreaming."

ZC1

4. Sheepdog

Sheepdog C'Mere Sheepie!

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Glad you weren't driving Z!