1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How do I Program my Dealer Installed RS3200 Alarm?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by chuckiechan, Jun 20, 2011.

1. chuckiechan

chuckiechan Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I bought a 2011 Prius level 3, and had the dealer install the RS3200 Plus alarm system.

Part of the programming instructions calls for inserting the ignition key three times into the ignition. Well as we know, Prius is key less and the manual left this minor detail out...

I didn't find anything in the manual, can someone clue me in as to how to begin programming?

Thanks in advance...

2. firepa63

firepa63 Former Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Why not ask the dealer to show you how the programming is done? They installed it. Just my opinion, but an extra alarm system is not really necessary with a Prius.

3. mickey513

mickey513 Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Just out of curiosity, how do you know it's installed but not yet activated?

4. chuckiechan

chuckiechan Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    We bought the car without it, and during the financing the wife decided to add it. We returned to have it installed a week later.

So yes, it's in there. Now she wants the doors to lock automatically after 30 seconds or so and there is quite a "dance" of opening doors, locks, etc... the problem is, step one is "insert and remove the ignition key three times"...

So I'm wondering what to do with no ignition key. Their has to be a way for the owner to do it, I just hope someone here has the answer.

5. RobH

RobH Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    There is a procedure for starting your car when the battery in your remote is dead. You just hold the remote near the Power button, and enough power is transferred inductively to the remote for it to send it's security code.

Since I don't have a 2010/2011, I'm not sure what the exact sequence is. It may be as simple as holding the remote near the Power button, and pulling it away. Or you may have to press the brake or even Power the car ON.

Or maybe "insert key & remove" translates to turn the car ON and OFF.

I'd start by just waving the remote near the Power button three times. If you run out of things to try, the next step would be to remove the battery from the remote and try again.

If all else fails, ask the dealer :eek:hwell: