1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

how do i remove rear wiper arm on my prius v

Discussion in 'Prius v Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by bmwmdriver89, May 14, 2013.

1. bmwmdriver89

bmwmdriver89 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    hello everyone. I'm about to take my prius v on a long road trip. I have a bike rack that im going to put on my hatch and it rests on my wiper blade sometimes. ive tried adjusting the rack so it doesn't do that but ive had no luck. normally driving around town its ok but im going to be driving 14hours. so before the trip i want to remove the whole wiper arm without removing the motor. at first i thought all i have to do is pop the cover unscrew the nut and pull and it will pop off. but i unscrewed the nut and tried to pull but it feels like something else is still holding it on. I don't want to break the thing so i thought i would come here for some help. so should i just pull harder or is there a clip thats holding it on

2. JACoH

JACoH Enjoying the mileage

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    No, nothing else is holding it on, the arm has serrations on it and when the nut is tightened on to it, the serrations bite, making it very tight. You just have to reef on it, maybe a small pry bar, but use care around the glass. Jiggle it a bit, maybe squirt some WD40 up there. It will come off straight up from the shaft. Then you can get a plastic plug at the auto parts store to cover the shaft.