1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How do I replace the air recirculate servo?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by yibo829, Apr 12, 2019.

1. yibo829

yibo829 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    My car’s ac air recirculate servo is making clicking noise under the passenger side dash. I took a look and it appears the servo is mounted on the side of the air blower assembly and I can’t even see it. So I’m wondering if someone has done it before and can tell me how to do it?

2. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Difficult access, that one. The procedure in the repair manual has much of the dash coming out. You probably want to follow the steps in the manual, because they are numerous.

SFO likes this.
  3. yossi

yossi Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have the same problem and wondering if there is an easy way to just disconnect the servo once I set it to reciculate mode? I never use fresh air anway, so I would not mind if it were "stuck" in reciculate, but dont wana mess anything up by unplugging the wrong harness

4. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    You might never use fresh air anyway, but the traction battery does. The battery ECU has veto power over recirculate, and can send a "fresh air please" message to the A/C controller if it needs more cooling. You might want to think twice about defeating that.