1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How do I reset the XM Channel Listing 2016 Prius Entune w/Nav?

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by BenBurch, Jul 16, 2017.

1. BenBurch

BenBurch Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Hi!

I got my Prius back from the shop with the audio reset and only two channels 01 and 02 displayed in the Xm Channel List. I have searched online and found instructions for resets for other models, but the instructions do not correspond with the controls on my unit and I could not find a variation of them on my own which worked.

I have tried refreshing the XM signal and that changed nothing.

I'm sure there MUST be a way to do this - can anybody fill me in please?

Thanks!

2. aforkosh

aforkosh Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    From the Audio Screen, choose XM as the Source. At the bottom of the screen, you should see a Channel List button. Tap it and it will generate a categorized list of all XM Channels available to you.

If you don't see all the ones you have subscribed to, you may need to re-link your car to your subscription. I believe that the instructions at SiriusXM may do it. If not, contact XM customer service for help

3. BenBurch

BenBurch Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Well, I am linked - I can tune any channel in my subscription - that is not the problem. The problem is that the channel list button goes to a page that has two channels on it and nothing I do can seem to reset that list or get the other channels I can tune to load into it. I have done a XM refresh about half a dozen times and this did not clear the problem.

This is a known problem in older units, and you can find the reset procedure online for those older versions, but with the 2016, the controls do not correspond to those described in those procedures, and I am looking for the procedure this version of the Prius EnTune system.

4. BenBurch

BenBurch Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Anybody? There has to be a way to do this??

5. 'LectroFuel

'LectroFuel Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm sorry, but I don't know. I do know that for the time being call XM and cancel your service because currently you're paying for nothing unless you're on the trial. A good trick I know (it won't fix your problem, sorry) is that if you want to keep subscribing to XM radio, call XM and say "I can't afford to pay [whatever the current price is]." Eventually the guy says he will give you 75% off the original monthly price. Maybe take it to the dealer. I also thought I saw a way to hard restart the head unit. I forget how though.

6. Elektroingenieur

Elektroingenieur Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    I don’t know of any procedure to reset the SiriusXM channel list, but I agree with the suggestion to contact SiriusXM—if nothing else, perhaps they would give you a discount for your trouble.

You might also try updating the head unit firmware, as discussed in another thread and in Toyota’s bulletin T-SB-0103-16 Rev2. Even if the problem isn’t a bug fixed in the new firmware, perhaps whatever reinitialization occurs during the update process would be sufficient to refresh the channel list.

If that doesn’t work, and you’re comfortable disconnecting the auxiliary (12-volt) battery, you might try the “Multimedia System Reset Procedure” in Toyota T-TT-0399-16:
    • Disconnect the negative terminal of the vehicle’s 12 volt battery.
    • Wait 5 minutes.
    • Reconnect the negative terminal of the vehicle’s 12 volt battery.
    • Confirm multimedia system operation after multimedia system reloads. Multimedia system can take up to 5 minutes to reload after a battery disconnect.
    • Perform system initialization on vehicle systems as needed.
    • Confirm all systems are functioning properly.
    The Repair Manual (available by subscription to techinfo.toyota.com) gives the torque specification for the negative battery terminal, 5.4 N·m {55 kgf·cm, 48 in·lbf}, and some other relevant steps:
    • After the power switch is turned off, the navigation receiver assembly records various types of memory and settings. As a result, after turning the power switch off, make sure to wait at least 120 seconds before disconnecting the cable from the negative (-) auxiliary battery terminal.
    • When the cable has been disconnected and reconnected to the negative (-) auxiliary battery terminal, open and close the fuel lid before turning the power switch on (IG).
    Please let us know how it turns out.