1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How do I stream Pandora through Blackberry Bluetooth?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by chartquist, Jun 29, 2010.

1. chartquist

chartquist New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I have a 2010 Prius IV with JBL/Nav. My phone is a BlackBerry Curve 8830 and the Bluetooth connection for the phone features is flawless. I would like to also play Pandora and other music from the BlackBerry through the Bluetooth connection, but I can't figure out how to make it work. It appears as if the BT audio connection is a separate process? I have attempted to make the BlackBerry-BT audio connection with the car and the BT folder on the audio screen is now illuminated, but that's as far as I can get. Is there a command on the BlackBerry to send the Pandora output through BT instead of through the BlackBerry speaker? I realize that I can simply use a cable to the AUX input, but I'd rather use BT if it is possible technically.

There is one other similar post on this topic, but it's inconclusive. Some help would be appreciated!

2. yerac skrap

yerac skrap New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    There's a lot of settings that determine if the connection is made automatically or from the car or from the device. How far are you? Is the Blackberry shown as a paired device on the car? Is the car shown as a paired device on the phone? If not, you have to go thru the settings...register menu and get the devices paired.

Then, when you open the BT audio tab, there is a "Connect" button. If you are paired but not connected you can click the connect button and watch the connection attempt. Most of this has to be done while stopped, or things are grayed out.

3. chartquist

chartquist New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Thanks. Everything seems to be paired just fine. I've been using the BT for the phone for months just fine. Yesterday I started poking around about the BT audio stuff for Pandora and went to the Audio setup screen and it looked like I needed to pair the Blackberry again? I went through that process successfully and then the BT tab became available on the audio screen.

So all I should need to do now is press a "connect" button on the audio BT screen? All I seem to see are play and a pause buttons on the bottom of the audio BT screen.

4. chartquist

chartquist New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Figured it out... the "connect" button on the BT audio screen was grayed out because it was already connected. I needed to adjust an output setting within the BB Pandora app to go to Bluetooth. Works like a charm now, and I love it!