1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How do you guys wash your windshield?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by s1njin, Jan 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. s1njin

s1njin New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    With such a steeply raked windshield, I am envisioning it being quite a chore to clean the inside. I'm also envisioning lots of smears instead of the nice crystal clean state its currently in being only 3 weeks old.

So - any tips on how to clean it? Any tools to help make it easier? Preferred solutions? Anything?

2. murasaki

murasaki New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I got this thing from bed bath and beyond called the windshield wizard. It's a microfiber pad attached to a bent stick to help reach down your windshield

3. jhinsc

jhinsc Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I've tried this gadget and it doesn't work as well as you think it would. I still get streaks and smears. I end up cleaning my windshield the old fashioned way and it's not as hard as you think it would be. One thing abou the Prius though. It's relatively easy to clean in general because of it's upright profile - easy to get in and out.

4. jdcollins5

jdcollins5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I use one of these, also. I had trouble with streaks until I learned to go back over the windshield with a dry pad after the windshield dried thoroughly.

5. murasaki

murasaki New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    That's the trick. Completely forgot to post that up. I go over the first time with a slightly damp pad using stoners clear glass then use the second dry pad or a dry micro fiber cloth and go over it to get rid of the excess moisture

6. macmaster05

macmaster05 Senor Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    The issue isn't streaks for me. It's lint. You gotta find a good microfiber cloth that doesn't leave lint.

Wipe your window facing the sun so you can see both streaks and lint as you work through it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.