1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

how do you remove and install rear quarter panel glass

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by cnschult, Mar 18, 2012.

1. cnschult

cnschult Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    yesterday was St. Patty's day, do I really need to spell out what happened in the bar parking lot? :eek:

I can't find this part from toyota but I have found it on ebay from salvage yard, does anyone know the procedure and tools/glues needed to do this? is it just better to go to a glass shop? I'm dropping my prius off at a body shop tonight for body work, does anyone know if body shops know how to perform this procedure? the reason I ask is the body shop I go to specializes in toyotas and lexuses but they have a toyota technician come over to disconnect the HV battery & invertor before they work on hybrids, so there is a limit to what a body shop will do, I'm just wondering if most body shops do glass work as well because I will have the salvage yard ship it directly to them.

thanks in advance guys

2. Britprius

Britprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I have not actually replaced this piece of glass but i'm sure it's held in by a high grab silicon sealant.

3. RRxing

RRxing Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    2 people like this.
  4. Eric Gross Design

Eric Gross Design Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hey did you have success in replacing the rear quarter glass? Some one busted mine, (perhaps to look into the fairly empty trunk, teaches me to use the cover) and the local glass place quoted me at $200. Ebay has them for sale at $50-$70. Just wondering what all is involved. Much thanks.

PS @RRxing, I like that Fuelly Rating / signature. Pretty slick.

5. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I believe $200 is fairly reasonable. If you pay $70 on ebay and install it incorrectly, you'll have to pay another $200 to get it done right (with no wind noise etc). It's only a $130 premium, I think it's well worth it to get it done right.

PDF for the GenII quarter glass repair attached

Attached Files:

#5 JC91006, Jul 2, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2014