1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How do you reset ABS light & yellow ((!)) ?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Michael Carleone, Mar 20, 2015.

1. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I haven't felt like trying it again, so I haven't experimented with many variations. As it happens, there are also two ways to select Invalid Mode, a Techstream way and a non-Techstream way. I was using Techstream at the time, so I used the Techstream utility to go into Invalid Mode. And I got the C1451.

I do believe I've read posts here by others who said they worked on their brakes without Techstream, and used Invalid Mode, so I assume they used the non-Techstream way of invoking it, and those threads do not all end with "... and now what do I do about this C1451?" ... so maybe it matters which way you get there.

I'll let somebody else do the experiment. :)

-Chap

2. abdelellah

abdelellah Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----

thanks man for the detailed info.

I got all the trouble that you already mentioned, but though, now my dash Christmas tree warning lights off

3. song_cr

song_cr New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    i-Tech
    Dude u saved my nice person! My car is 2014 Camry Hybrid. I was playing around with Techstream and found there was an ECB invalid option.

I did that and when I start my car, those warning lights totally freaked me out and same as yours, I lost ECB.

That hydraulic braking doesn’t feel safe to stop the car...

I tried air bleeding (it kept losing communication for five times), but the ECB still didn’t work until I did the “memory reset”, “zero down” and “linear solenoid valve offset learning”.

Now I even feel the brake is more sensitive and accurate.

4. song_cr

song_cr New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    i-Tech
    Oh it replaces “a s s” with “nice person” lol

bisco likes this.
  5. Cooidude0

Cooidude0 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Thanks for posting this, I used TechStream to put my car in Invalid Mode, ran a bunch of tests and then the air bleeding, but could not get it back to normal mode. I did the 3 things mentioned including Linear Solenoid Vale Offset, after that it went back to normal mode.