1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How do your window deflectors/rain visors work long term?

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Steph smith, Jul 5, 2019.

1. Steph smith

Steph smith Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I have a 2019 Prius and want to get the window deflectors/rain guards for the front windows.
    I have read all about in-channel vs tape-on.
    I would love to here from folks that have either and have had them for awhile.
    What kind do you have? And how have they performed? Likes/Dislikes.
    I just cannot decide what type to get.
    Thanks

knockknock_2 likes this.
  2. Xterra72

Xterra72 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    Toyota oem. Has tape and clips. They work well and I’ve had mine on for more than 5 years.

knockknock_2 and Raytheeagle like this.
  3. krmcg

krmcg Lowered Blizzard Pearl Beauty

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I have had them on both of my Prius's and on my Avalon. I personally don't like to use the air conditioning - so this accessory gives me the option of cracking the windows without the associated buffeting wind.
    I had the Toyota OEM visors and did not appreciate the level of quality. I went to the Well-Visor brand and am very happy (finished edges VS. cut edges are the big difference) Well-Visors even replaced a set when I lost some of them in a wind storm.

4. The Professor

The Professor Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Excel
    I have Team Heko in channel ones that use clips. They came highly recommended and generally get good reviews. They look good.

Would I get them again? Hard to say. One the one hand, I do like the fact that it's maybe less blustery when driving around with the windows open (to be honest, it didn't make a huge difference), and that I can open the windows a couple of inches even when it's raining, especially when parked.

That being said they cause noise issues. At high speeds (e.g. 70MPH) the car is noticeably noisier. It reminds me of the wind noise you get from having a roof rack on.

Also, the rubber seal against the windows is no longer perfect. The worst offender is the flexible flat vertical window seal, that you see on the front windows towards the centre pillar of the car. It has to pull outwards more at the top of the window in order to go over the width of the plastic. This forms a small triangular opening where that step is, and this produces a sound that sounds like your windows aren't closed properly. I find this annoying to the point that I'm considering taking the deflectors off again when the weather gets colder.

If it wasn't for them sounding like my windows are all open a crack, then I'd be happy with them.

5. Raytheeagle

Raytheeagle Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    I have the weathertech vent shades on our Prime that are the channel style and they work well:):

AEF73A95-299E-4C3B-9403-795AE69CA700.jpeg E9ED2F27-143E-4B28-A421-BE591DACF8FC.jpeg F6537CA3-C2FB-4CD7-8680-52DD5110D18D.jpeg

I had the double sided tape on style for our 2010 and those were ok. I had one of them blow off when exiting a car wash once:(.

So I’d go with the channel style ones(y).