1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How does lowering the Prius affect MPG?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by priusenvious1, Dec 22, 2012.

1. The green contractor

The green contractor Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    i have the 4 tire airbagit.com air ride suspension and i can tell you if you lower the front and raise the back i can get about 10% better mpg on the highway. this system also makes it so you can adjust as you ride and it goes high enough to hop curbs and speed bumps and holds an incredible amount of extra weight. It was about 1700 with the compressor and air tank and took 16 hours to install plus an alignment but been hauling for 90k miles with the bags on and works great

2. mrbigh

mrbigh Prius Absolutum Dominium

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    that's a lot of "mula" for an air ride system...

3. The green contractor

The green contractor Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    The price for making a truck into a 40 mpg hauling machine would cost way more. by far the best machine i have ever driven and putting air bags make it so very functional

4. priowner?

priowner? Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    the thing about that aluminum idea is that your going to take the chance on decreasing mpg just due to added wt, although it may not be noticeable.