1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

how does one aim headlights?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by elfin, Apr 11, 2009.

1. yardman 49

yardman 49 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    That's just about how far low my HIDs were on my new 2009: 2 full turns CCW on the adjuster.

I noticed the problem the first night drive that we took in the new car. Over the years I've found on almost every car that we've had (including new vehicles) that the headlights weren't "exactly" to my liking. But this is the first new car that we've driven that was that far off. It sort of defeats the purpose of having these really great HID headlights when less of the road is illuminated than should be.

And I did check the auto-leveler function and it was working correctly. So the issue was not that the leveler was keeping the lights aimed low.

Anyway, thanks again to everyone on PC forums who contributed to the headlighting aiming threads. They were a great help!

2. virtualdood

virtualdood New Member

In a house with a mouse, on an island amongst the
    Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks to a little searchin' got my lights adjust now :thumb: no thread is too old to help the nubes :clap2::clap2:

thanks