1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How far can you drive on the battery when the gas is gone?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by HaroldMelamed, Dec 29, 2006.

1. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    A one gallon, fuel tank costs about $3. I'm using one for my gasoline energy tests by running the tank dry and putting in one gallon of the next test gas. I then drive to the current test station and add four gallons. It gives piece of mind to know you have a one gallon reserve. The one gallon tank doesn't take much space but make sure it is not in direct sunlight but under some sort of cover or shade and don't top it off to allow for thremal expansion. Once a quarter, dump it in and refill will fresh.

Bob Wilson

2. Hamza Zahid

Hamza Zahid New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius+ MPV
    Model:
    Technology AWD-e
    Greetings, all!
    As a traveller, I enjoy riding electric cars as well since I am always looking for new adventures. Battery drain may occur after a few miles if travelling far. My Toyota Prius operated only below 60 mph when I owned it. So you get almost 1.5 battery miles. With the Tesla Electric Model, you get better long-distance fuel economy. In 2022, Tesla will be manufacturing solar batteries.

3. mr_guy_mann

mr_guy_mann Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Thank you for your post, but please check the date before replying. The previous post was from over 14 years ago.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

4. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    ^ That new "member" isn't a real Prius owner, so must be here for some entirely different purpose. His claimed vehicle doesn't exist, but is just a random mismash of version and trim options from different generations and even geographies.