1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How geeky are Prius owners?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by jiepsie, Mar 31, 2007.

?
  1. Less than 0%

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 0% to 25%

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 26% to 50%

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 51% to 75%

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Scores 76% to 99%

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Perfect score (100%)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. livelychick

livelychick Missin' My Prius

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    8% geek. I didn't expect it to be much higher...

2. geeky teacher

geeky teacher New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(M. Oiseau @ Mar 31 2007, 11:08 PM) [snapback]415757[/snapback]</div>
    Oh my garsh! I'm not a geek, I'm just Nerdy! Or am I just nearing the half century mark in birthdays? Did I see a slide rule in that video?

3. desynch

desynch Die-Hard Conservative

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    You are 33% geek
    You are a geek liaison, which means you go both ways. You can hang out with normal people or you can hang out with geeks which means you often have geeks as friends and/or have a job where you have to mediate between geeks and normal people. This is an important role and one of which you should be proud. In fact, you can make a good deal of money as a translator.

Normal: Tell our geek we need him to work this weekend.

You [to Geek]: We need more than that, Scotty. You'll have to stay until you can squeeze more out of them engines!

Geek [to You]: I'm givin' her all she's got, Captain, but we need more dilithium crystals!

You [to Normal]: He wants to know if he gets overtime.

4. eclectcmoi

eclectcmoi Muffinologist

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    15% Geek and I'm supposed to be Drew Barrymore. Who knew?

OK, so maybe you ain't a geek. You do, at least, show a bit of interest in the world around you. Either that, or you have enough of a sense of humor to pick some of the sillier answers on the test. Regardless, you're probably a pretty nifty, well-rounded person who gets along fine with people and can chat with just about anyone without fear of looking stupid or foolish or overly concerned with minutiae. God, I hate you.

5. just_marci

just_marci New Member

Hmph. I only got 27%. I, too, am blaming the quiz for incompleteness/need of updating.

Darn it.

6. chutneypopcorn

chutneypopcorn New Member

32 %. However, if the "right" questions were asked, my %age points would shoot up alarminglhy, I think!

7. judymcfarland

judymcfarland Queen of Moral Indignation

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    20% Geek
    I used to think I was a geek, working as a software writer & doing all that HIPAA and ANSI format stuff. But then I retired and bought a Prius and an iMac. So now I'm less geeky than I used to be? :rolleyes:

8. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    You are 47% geek
    You are a geek liaison, which means you go both ways. You can hang out with normal people or you can hang out with geeks which means you often have geeks as friends and/or have a job where you have to mediate between geeks and normal people. This is an important role and one of which you should be proud. In fact, you can make a good deal of money as a translator.

Normal: Tell our geek we need him to work this weekend.

You [to Geek]: We need more than that, Scotty. You'll have to stay until you can squeeze more out of them engines!

Geek [to You]: I'm givin' her all she's got, Captain, but we need more dilithium crystals!

You [to Normal]: He wants to know if he gets overtime.

9. nerfer

nerfer A young senior member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pjm877 @ Mar 31 2007, 08:40 PM) [snapback]415718[/snapback]</div>
    You must have gotten different questions than me, maybe it changes based on the earlier answers? I'm only 38% geek, which kind of surprised me, given that I'm an embedded SW engineer, work on HTML/ASP pages for fun, spent more time in vi than MS Word, and once spent a Saturday afternoon decoding the long bar/short bar system used by the Post Office to encode zip codes (easy) and UPC codes (harder). The White and Nerdy video is the all-time best one IMO, and I use TLAs in online newsgroups, as you see.

On the other hand, I am married, enjoy outdoor activities, grew up on a farm and can sometimes start conversations with strangers.

(How can you tell an extroverted engineer? When you talk, he stares at your shoes instead of his own.)

So are nerds the technical geeks? What do you call people strongly focused on other things, like the environment or PETA or professional sports or NASCAR? Why is it socially acceptable for someone to memorize the starting lineup of the 1985 Chicago Bears, but not to recite pi past ten digits?

10. Ichabod

Ichabod Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Hey, guess what? I'm a human being. I scored perfectly on the "being a human being" test (all you have to do on that test is say "yes, I'm human").

That was mildly entertaining for a few minutes, but I really dislike the lumping of everyone non-geek into the bubblehead crowd. It is possible to be intelligent and socially adept at the same time.

I happen to fall in their "geek liaison" group, but I would identify more as a little "nerdy" so as not to be confused with "circus geeks" and asked to bite heads off of chickens or perform other such acts.

11. Rxmxsh

Rxmxsh Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    8%

I must be a closet geek...