1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How has the Prius been described to you?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by DAT1, May 7, 2006.

1. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kosmikchic @ Jun 20 2006, 07:54 PM) [snapback]274395[/snapback]</div>
    I am trying to visualize this one- but I confess I am having some difficulty! :)

2. Ron Dupuy

Ron Dupuy New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I've always thought that compared to the Beetle it looks like a cockroach-a people's car, but longer and sleeker.

3. dancekat59

dancekat59 Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    My best buddy at work described it as "ugly as sin". <_<

4. seasidetraveler

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    It really looks like the dreadful failure know as the "Pontiac Aztec". I parked next to one and it confirmed my doubt- how aweful LOL

A friend of mine is a big animal fan, and love turtles/tortoise- he rescues them, and currently has over 150- he kinda thinks that it is turtle shaped, which I can see.

5. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(remaxmanager @ Jun 21 2006, 12:01 PM) [snapback]274677[/snapback]</div>
    I used to drive a Honda Element- a vehicle that is also described as ugly by some people. But what the Element and the Prius share, despite being two totally different vehicles, is a design that has integrity because it is derived from the purpose of the car itself; "form follows function", as Louis Sullivan said.
    The Aztek, on the other hand, is just butt-ugly; evidence why auto designers should never smoke crack. :lol:

6. mcbrunnhilde

mcbrunnhilde Opera singin' Prius nut!

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
  7. subarutoo

subarutoo New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    My Audi driving friend says it is ugly. His car gets 23 mpg, Premium fuel. I told him it gets more beautiful each time I pass a gas station. Ugly is as ugly does.

8. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(remaxmanager @ Jun 21 2006, 09:01 AM) [snapback]274677[/snapback]</div>
    Except that the Prius is smaller and all curves, therefore making it much cuter than the big, lumpy, all-angles Aztek. :D

9. livelychick

livelychick Missin' My Prius

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I've always thought of mine as a little black doorstop. AND I DIG THAT ABOUT IT!

10. DaveOrgans

DaveOrgans New Member

I got mine because I think cars SHOULD look like their owners. :rolleyes:

11. ghostofjk

ghostofjk New Member

This isn't an image per se, but I think the word has seldom been more descriptive:

FUNKY. The Prius elevates FUNK to a towering new level.

12. Prizzle

Prizzle New Member

My high school daughter thinks it looks like a tick. College daughter just says it looks cool. Wife has no opinion on car stuff and no one else has ever said anything.

The only thing it reminds me of is....other Prii!

13. biff_debris

biff_debris WOOF!

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I've only had one comment. As I was walking up to it in the parking lot at work, a guy came by and said (with the best Cheech accent you can imagine) "Whoa! That looks like some kinda space car, man!"

I get the impression that my wife thinks it's not too good looking, but loves it all the same.

14. AnOldHouse

AnOldHouse Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bee13 @ May 7 2006, 11:57 PM) [snapback]251295[/snapback]</div>
    :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

So I'm NOT the only one who's gotten that one!!! Mine was followed up with "mucho ugly." :p

15. darelldd

darelldd Prius is our Gas Guzzler

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mcbrunnhilde @ Jun 21 2006, 10:05 AM) [snapback]274709[/snapback]</div>
    Shocking to me that it isn't there, actually.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(subarutoo @ Jun 21 2006, 12:32 PM) [snapback]274797[/snapback]</div>
    And when I drive my EV past a gas station where a Prius is filling up, the Prius gets ugly all over again. :) It is ALL relative!

16. AnOldHouse

AnOldHouse Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(darelldd @ Jun 28 2006, 04:28 PM) [snapback]278196[/snapback]</div>
    I'm really surprised that the Honda Insight isn't listed in the top ten. Now talk about ugly cars!!!

17. molgrips

molgrips Member

Well I think they look great. Mostly because of the styling details rather than the specific shape, so for that reason I like Toyotas in general, but the shape I think is pretty sweet. It looks aerodynamic, and I like that.

As for what it looks like, I just think it looks like an unusual car :) In any case, cars that are unusual are always lambasted for being ugly when they are new and different, then after a while they just blend in. Like for instance, the Ford Sierra, Fiat Multipla and, er.. anything else you can think of... (Google for the Sierra in case you didn't get them in the states) :)

I just wish mine wasn't grey.. sorry, did I say grey? I meant "silver".

18. RichBoy

RichBoy New Member

everyone that has commented on it to me has described it as " Cool "

19. archermoo

archermoo New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Haven't had any negative comments about it. Don't know if that is because people that I'm talking to are too polite to say something like that, or they are like me and just like the way the car looks.

20. Bearcatzzz

Bearcatzzz Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(archermoo @ Aug 21 2006, 05:27 PM) [snapback]307160[/snapback]</div>
    Jelly Bean. :huh: