1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How I saved my car from being a resale or trade-in statistic

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by cycledrum, Dec 14, 2009.

1. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Without these two modifications, I would have sold my 2009 Prius by now ...

http://priuschat.com/forums/gen-ii-...153-drivers-seat-remount-home-2-5-8-back.html

http://priuschat.com/forums/gen-ii-...d-up-seat-bottom-foam-my-2006-prius-seat.html

... and I most likely would not have bought the new Prius due to the huge resale loss with low gas prices and stinky economy. Would likely been able to only reach a Scion xB type of price range.

But I really like my car now, and the driver's seat too. Night and day difference between the stock Prius seat and my custom Prius seat.

OMG does that sheepskin seat cover help a lot. If you're hatin' the driver's chair, $75 for an off the shelf sheepskin cover should do the trick.

I could see myself keeping this car for as long as it's reliable and cost effective. Plus it's nice to be driving a more eco friendly car, especially with scary stuff reported with global warming, war in the Middle East, and water shortages due to melted glaciers in Bolivia and other countries.

1 person likes this.
  2. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm glad you got it all worked out finally. :)

1 person likes this.
  3. jry423

jry423 Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Finding comfort in a seat can be a very difficult thing. The finished product may look like something I'd see in a '95 Cavalier, but if its comfortable to you, that's the most important thing. Glad you've got a nicely padded rump, now. :)

1 person likes this.
  4. guru_del

guru_del New Member

wow what a great reversal of attitude. I remember at the onset you hated your ride (understandable if you were that uncomfortable).

Glad everything worked out good for you!

1 person likes this.
  5. 200Volts

200Volts Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I did the same mod for the seat cushion. I added some foam to the front of the cushion to support my thighs better (6'3" driver).
    If you don't move the seat, you can add about 3/8" of washers under to front bolts (get longer bolts!) to add some tilt to cushion as well.