1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How is the 2010 Prius?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by MPGHokage, Nov 3, 2019.

1. Georgina Rudkus

Georgina Rudkus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    My 2012 Prius v has only 21k miles on it. Even better; I live in the sun belt with no rust and road salt.

I work from my home based consultant business.

2. Bay Stater

Bay Stater Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    The 2010 model V is equipped with 17 " wheels with less sidewalls to absorb shock and road noise. That alone will make the car ride harsher. The 2015 model 4 is equipped with 15 " wheels with more sidewalls to absorb shock so it's ride should be cushier, but as a trade-off won't handle as well.

Congrats on your new to you Prius purchase.;)

3. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Funny thing, it's not just the wheels. The steering feel, handling, and so on is different, on the 17" wheel models. At least 2010~2011 years. Turning radius is larger, a downside, but overall the car feels more "planted". Even with 15" snow tires.

Yeah I think @PriusGuy32 bad impressions were mostly down to a particular set of tires. Maybe overinflated too? The recommended pressure for the 17" is a bit lower (see driver's doorwell decal).

Even then yeah, the ride is firmer, you're on a first-name basis with all the speedbumps and potholes on your regular routes.

Bay Stater likes this.