1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How is the driving experience difference between 15 or 17 inches wheels on Gen 4?

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Main Forum' started by Roger T, Feb 13, 2017.

1. yeldogt

yeldogt Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I have a white/ gray 2011 five and a black/black 2016 4touring -- both came with 17". Drove many Gen 3's before I purchased -- The noise and ride difference was somewhat noticeable on the 2011 .. but very slight with the 17" bridgestone. The handling was noticeably better on the five -- I don't know if this was the wheels/tires or the different steering -- combination.

I really did not notice any difference with the 2016. I only drove a couple Gen 4's -- mostly to see if I still did not want the sunroof and if I could take the black interior. They had to find me a 4touring -- so I did not drive back to back.

We got mid to high 50's with both cars depending on drivers. I noticed a drop with the michelin tires on the gen3. I got 58mpg with the gen 4 the other day .. never hit that on the gen 3.

The 4touring is a nice combination. I never use the sunroof, but the extra light they bring into the cabin is need with some cars .. the pries has so much glass I don't think needed. Touring get the safety items without having to get the HUD or the parking assist.

RCO likes this.