1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How is your SoftTex holding up?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by PriusPeach, Feb 29, 2012.

1. Reetz

Reetz Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I have a 2013 Prius 4 with SofTex. I put a small throw rug (with rubber backing) on the back seat where my dog jumps in and rides. Gives her better traction and keeps the seat clean. I noticed that my hubby's new jeans bled through on the front seat. A little simple green took care of the color transfer with no ill effects.

WE0H likes this.
  2. Okinawa

Okinawa Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    I have a 2011 Prius Two. I rented a 2014 Camry LE from a Toyota Dealer 3 day "Try Before You Buy". I was glad to turn the Camry back in and get my Prius back. My Prius looks much better than the Camry inside. I think my Prius looks luxurious compared to the Camry. I would not trade my Prius for a Camry.

3. randommonks

randommonks Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four

It's Gullo Toyota. I live closer to them than Fred Haas by about 30 minutes but the quality of service at Gullo has really dipped. We've been going there for at least 5 years now and twice, they've forgotten to reset the maintenance light so we needed to go back and have them do that.

The thing about Fred Haas that I don't like is that they seriously damaged one of the cars we took there and then tried to deny having anything to do with it, going so far as to point out that a technician had marked the flaw on the inspection report. It took us pointing out that the inspection report was a carbon copy of the original and that the flaw had been marked in pen. That really soured that dealership for me.

4. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A

You seem to be setting your bar pretty low. Have you been to any car shows lately to see how this current Prius stacks up to a whole lot of new cars out there? Do you think hard interior plastics are in these days? Prius is full of it inside.

Let's say this Prius had an ordinary conventional engine, got 32 MPG average and cost the same as a Civic starting like $19k. How many of these things would sell given the way they look inside, out and handle curves?

5. Okinawa

Okinawa Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    I'm just comparing the Prius to a Camry. Nothing else.

6. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A

No, time for a new Prius. 5 years of this thing is enough.

7. orenji

orenji Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    ENOUGH! Sounds like you are unhappy with your owner experience or are you just in the mood for something new?

8. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A

Yep. Going to try to prop things up with a new MP3 player cause I just flip through the Sirius XM channels and without entertainment, this thing is boring to drive. Hey, when you rode these things for ... long time, Prius is a snooze to drive. yeah, I'm the jolly green giant on the little red bike. We were well under the speed limit, bwuhahahaha :ROFLMAO:

Pop quiz, can anyone name this road, it's off of Highway 1 between Pidgeon Point lighthouse and Davenport. Pop quiz. 1st prize is a cookie ...

Brettlead.jpg

orenji likes this.
  9. Hybrid Dave

Hybrid Dave Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I drove a new Camby hybrid and also agree, the interior looks hideous compared to the Prius. I love how the Prius feels like a cockpit. The one thing I do kind of like in the new Toyotas, though, is the stitched leather look of the interior and dash trim.

10. retired4999

retired4999 Prius driver since 2005

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Swanton Road?

11. Alan Claver

Alan Claver Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    2013 Prius - about 2500 miles. Still immaculate. However, it's only me and no dogs, cats or top end predators. Couple of spills wiped up easily.

Still I find them a little too hard to slide over. I would have preferred actual leather. Not willing to spend the money for a 3rd party replacement so we'll see.

12. Okinawa

Okinawa Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    I like the stitched leather look also, especially in the new Avalon. Classy interior I think. I have been thinking about the hybrid. Lot of money. Hard to spend it when you are a retiree.

13. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A

Bingo you win the prize. I'm guessing you used a map ??

14. DadofHedgehog

DadofHedgehog Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    After 37k miles, my SofTex is holding up great. I'm impressed and happy with it.

15. retired4999

retired4999 Prius driver since 2005

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Yeah! I did, but it helps that I have been down & up Hwy 1 a few times nice ride! and my wife likes to stop and see all the lighthouses so that helped also. I have a brother in Arlington, Wa. and his daughter is in Portland, Oregon. Also a friend in San Diego. So I'm out west on the coast often.(y)

16. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A

Nice .... sounds like you have a touring bike.

retired4999 likes this.
  17. SAronian

SAronian Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    After one year I found the SofTex surfaces are very durable. A couple marks and spills cleaned up easily.

What I did find interesting is that only the front surfaces are SofTex, whereas the side and back materials appear to be a standard vinyl material.

18. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A

Very common and makes sense. I'll bet most leather or leather like seats are some kind of vinyl on sides and back. My GT covers leathers are vinyl sides, back. btw, very comfortable..

Maybe some mega premium luxury seats have leather on the back, maybe even they don't.

WE0H likes this.
  19. SAronian

SAronian Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    That's what I find so interesting. The economics are fairly obvious when using real leather only on seating surfaces and vinyl on the sides and backs. But SofTex is thermoplastic polyurethane vs vinyl (polyvinyl chloride) so I assumed the savings were in the use of synthetic's, which appears to be untrue. SofTex having a high enough cost that mixing with PVC actually saves money.

20. divorce no drama

divorce no drama New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A