1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How Likely Will Spark Plugs Seize Up?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by PriusII&C, Feb 20, 2022.

1. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    yep... agreed... When I was little kid I'd come home from school and would have a couple hours of no parents around and I'd take stuff apart to see what's inside and then freak out if I'd have enough time to put stuff like the phone, or the toaster or whatever back together before my mom got home from work. And after a half century of that, I'm really good at figuring out how things are supposed to be put back together and never consider calling a repairman for anything because I'd rather figure it out and fix it for free. Key to that skill development of course was everything I learned in high school physics, chemistry, astronomy, wood shop, auto shop and metal shop. Kids these days don't get that level of education anymore...

2. mr_guy_mann

mr_guy_mann Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    It's more that you are developing a "mindset", the ability to figure out HOW to do something with your hands and tools, and HOW something works.

I guess that some part of the generational difference is that 50-60+ years ago, technology made big steps from mechanical to electrical to electronic. Things were way different and new- to the point of being almost magical.

Recent progress has been more incremental improvements in the electronics and software. It's tech that for the younger crowd "has always existed". And has been becoming increasingly complex and less repairable as time passes.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

#22 mr_guy_mann, Feb 27, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2022