How long did it take you to get your CAV decals? CA owners.

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-Current)' started by Heedunk, Dec 3, 2019.

  1. dtsexpert

    dtsexpert Member

    Joined:
    Sep 13, 2019
    97
    55
    0
    Location:
    San Francisco
    Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    Assuming there is 4 months lag time, Should I send the application around Sept so I will get full 4 yrs? ;)
    Just wondering what date (application or when they start the process) the dmv count?
     
  2. chickenhawk

    chickenhawk Member

    Joined:
    Sep 13, 2011
    238
    78
    8
    Location:
    CA
    Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    Looks like right now its look like a 2.5 month lag with Covid so maybe in Sept it might speed up application time but then it does have holidays in there.. :(:mad: what to do.. just your luck if you send it in Dec and they get it back to you before year ends :barefoot::rolleyes: just to screw with you.
     
  3. road2cycle

    road2cycle Member

    Joined:
    Jan 18, 2021
    101
    69
    0
    Location:
    Sonoma County, CA
    Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    Mine just arrived in the mail this afternoon. My wife and daughter were standing out on the sidewalk waving them as I arrived home from work. That was a great way to end the workweek. Application mailed March 2nd. Stickers arrived June 4th. So about 90 day turnaround time. Of course I forgot to order the paint protection film, so I’ll wait until next week to apply the decals.
     
  4. road2cycle

    road2cycle Member

    Joined:
    Jan 18, 2021
    101
    69
    0
    Location:
    Sonoma County, CA
    Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    The decals were adhered to the Prime last night. I’m glad I ordered the paint protection film since it allowed for a bit of leeway to position them in place before making it “permanent.” It took my wife and I an hour since we were OCD about the decals being level, etc.
     
  5. dtsexpert

    dtsexpert Member

    Joined:
    Sep 13, 2019
    97
    55
    0
    Location:
    San Francisco
    Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    Would you share the link where you order the film?
    I am going to apply the CAV decal as soon as we receive the license plate.
    Thanks
     
  6. road2cycle

    road2cycle Member

    Joined:
    Jan 18, 2021
    101
    69
    0
    Location:
    Sonoma County, CA
    Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE


    You can also get pre-cut film from Amazon, but it seems that it would be a pain to get it lined up exactly with the HOV decal.
     
    dtsexpert likes this.
  7. Daniel L

    Daniel L Member

    Joined:
    Feb 18, 2011
    33
    28
    0
    Location:
    United States
    Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Any recent updates?

    I think I will apply in early October and hopefully get the 2022 stickers. My plates probably won't show up until then anyways.

    (Tesla guys are leaving the license plate blank with just the VIN and are getting stickers slightly after their plates show up)
     
  8. road2cycle

    road2cycle Member

    Joined:
    Jan 18, 2021
    101
    69
    0
    Location:
    Sonoma County, CA
    Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    Gotta ask yourself how you’d feel if you ended up receiving a 2021 stickers in December. In my opinion you might be better off waiting until at least November to apply, since I’m guessing with vehicle sales plummeting that the DMV is fielding fewer applications these days. Perhaps even wait mid to late November to further improve the odds of receiving a 2022 sticker.
     
    Daniel L and Pdog808 like this.
  9. Gokhan

    Gokhan Senior Member

    Joined:
    Oct 5, 2008
    1,222
    567
    0
    Location:
    Paramount CA
    Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Note that the 2021 stickers first arrived on April 7, 2021:
    If you apply in early October, you have a 90% chance getting the 2021 stickers a few weeks later and a 10% of chance getting the 2022 stickers in April.

    Also note that the 2022 stickers will expire on September 30, 2025, only nine months after the blue 2021 stickers expire on January 1, 2025. There will not be 2023 stickers.
     
    Daniel L likes this.
Loading...