1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How long did you have to wait?

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Hayman66, Sep 26, 2017.

1. Hayman66

Hayman66 Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I bought my first new Prius in 2015. Hail storm came in 2016 and totaled it. :eek: Got my second new Prius in 2016, Hurricane Harvey came and took that one too. ::( Sooo two weeks ago I placed an order for my new Prius Prime. The dealership is telling me it will be about 3 months ( We are in Texas)! :confused: For those of you that had to order one, how long did you have to wait for your Prius Prime to arrive?

2. I drove 110 miles with a trade-in to pick mine up same day.

Yeesh, Harvey was catastrophic. Glad you're still enjoying the fuel economy. Which Prime package?

3. Hayman66

Hayman66 Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I ordered the Advanced model. I cant wait!

4. 2k1Toaster

2k1Toaster Brand New Prius Batteries

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I imagine there are a few vehicles that need replacing in that entire region, so yeah the dealership is going to tell you months which is normal for when they have nothing in-stock in the immediate area.

Why use a local dealership? Fly out to CA, buy it, and either drive or ship it back. You can have one in hand in a few days.

RCO likes this.
  5. Mark57

Mark57 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR AWD

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm also in Gulf States Toyota region and ordered June 30. The car was built Aug 20 and arrived in OKC on Sep 13th. The distribution analyst in Houston told the dealer it would be built in Sept and would arrive Oct/Nov time frame. That was way off from reality. In the Gulf States region, no dealers are trading Primes between themselves. If they have one, it's already sold so no test drives. Occasionally someone backs out but the car is instantly sold.

RCO likes this.
  6. Scrogg

Scrogg Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I have already put money down at my dealership.

RCO likes this.
  7. Scrogg

Scrogg Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    So it was about 3 months for you too? Ugh! I was really hoping it wouldn't be that long. We were lucky and were able to rent one through the car dealerships car rental place. That is the car that is in my avatar.

8. fotomoto

fotomoto Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
  9. 2k1Toaster

2k1Toaster Brand New Prius Batteries

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Ok, then you're locked into a huge waiting game. There's absolutely no reason you can't purchase a vehicle from anywhere in the country and transport it to Texas. That's what the dealer is doing. But the dealer is maximizing their profits by using the cheapest acquisition and cheapest transport. If you want to minimize your time out of a car, you have a very different priority than the dealership and so the paths to the end are extremely different. I've flown cross country to pick up numerous cars. It's so easy nowadays. A couple hours later you're across the country and within an hour of landing could be driving back your new car. I've also bought sight unseen from thousands of miles away and they load it onto a transport truck and in a week it shows up outside your neighbourhood for delivery.

RCO likes this.
  10. Scrogg

Scrogg Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Hmmm! Apparently my iPad logged me into my old account that I couldn't find my password for! I am Hayman66. :ROFLMAO:

RCO and Mark57 like this.
  11. Mark57

Mark57 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR AWD

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    Closer to 2.5 months. It was faster than what Houston estimated.

12. Hayman66

Hayman66 Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    fotomoto-
    I have been looking in auto trader and have found some as well but I am specifically looking for either a red or metallic grey, with all black interior, Advanced.