1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How long does airbag light stay on after ignition and engine start?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by sachminu, Jan 16, 2018.

1. sachminu

sachminu Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I had a question about the airbag light. When I first press the Start button on my 2009 Prius Base, all the lights come on and then turn off, but the airbag light, stays on for around 6 seconds and then turns off. After that the engine will start.

Is that normal? I thought all lights come on and then go ALL of them go away...dont remember seeing the airbag light stay on its own for a few seconds.

Any thoughts appreciated,
    thanks,
    Cooks.

2. davecook89t

davecook89t Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    Our 2007 was doing that a few weeks ago, but now the light turns off quite quickly as it had done all along. I thought it might have something to do with the cold, since it started doing that when the weather was at its coldest.

3. sachminu

sachminu Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    ok thanks! It has been unusually cold these past few weeks. Will monitor it and see if it goes away.

4. jerrymildred

jerrymildred Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Also, engine start has nothing to do with the airbag light. It always starts in about 7 seconds after the Ready light comes one.