1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How Long?

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by Yoshe, Mar 14, 2012.

1. rogerv

rogerv Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Interesting info about Benicia, but that doesn't explain the delay in getting Kstitt's car from Long Beach to San Bernardino area.

2. Allannde

Allannde Just a Senior

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    If you read the agreement that we signed, the dealer is not obligated to sell us a particular car. The dealer IS obligated to sell us a car which contains the accessories, the trim level and the color which we ordered and to allow us 14 days after notifying us of its availability to accept the vehicle.

Toyota has identified a car which is "ours" from the moment of assembly to its delivery to port. But this is not a contractual agreement.

It would be appropriate to ask, firmly, what is going on and to involve Toyota Corporate, but there is not a basis for a lawsuit here. It would seem to be appropriate act rapidly. No action can be taken as acceptance of the situation.

There is a fine line between understanding the complexity of this order/assembly/ delivery system and being a victim of it.

3. dfleeman

dfleeman New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I just received an email from Toyota saying my PIP is on it's way to the dealer even though my order page still does not say it has reached a US port. It also says this is the last email I will receive from them. My question is, how long after you received this email did you get your car?

4. stacey

stacey ☆☆☆☆☆

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I'm on the east coast so the time frame may differ, but my order page also does not say it has arrived in port. It actually got to port on 3/15, I got the email that said it was headed to the dealer on 3/16, and today (3/23) my dealer emailed me that it was ready for me to pick up. Due to prior engagements, I can't get there to pick it up until Thursday.

5. priuskitty

priuskitty PIP FAN

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Not a bad estimate April 16th, actual date arrived at dealer, April 20, 2012:rockon: