1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How many assault rifles can you fit in a Prius C?

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Super Air 210, Aug 20, 2012.

1. Super Air 210

Super Air 210 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    III
    This is my introduction. I have already learned A LOT from reading here and am very grateful.

I didn't buy my Prius to be "green". I just wanted to save my own hard-earned "green" and any environmental benefit (if there is indeed any is a bonus). I had been driving my 2008 4X4 Tacoma (w/Lift) and I was spending $140 per week on gas. Now, my beloved Tacoma will be only used for hunting trips and pulling my boat. So, as green as my Prius may be.. I think I probably offset that by pulling my wakeboard boat to the lake and burning through 20 gallons of gas on any given day. I wish Nautique made a hybrid wakeboard boat engine!

I really am having a fun time with my Prius C. I spent most of the weekend reading about how to get better gas mileage and am really hooked on trying to maximize it. I even took an alternate route home today and avoided the Interstate!!

Other things others may find interesting (or not)... I am a photographer and have had numerous pictures published. My work has also appeared on MSNBC (I know, about 5 people watch that station) and the National Geographic Channel. I also have a picture being displayed at a Smithsonian exhibit running from 2014 through 2021. I love guns and own too many to count including 11 or 12 Glocks, 4 Benelli shotguns, and quite a few assault rifles. I love to ride dirt bikes and own a KTM which is why Habanero Orange really appealed to me.

I am looking forward to learning more about my cool little car.

plumaslaker likes this.
  2. ETC(SS)

ETC(SS) The OTHER One Percenter.....

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Greetings and welcome aboard!

You'll probably take a little counter-battery for your intro, but I would imagine that was the whole point.
    There's a Pancake House herein that you can engage in the countless "six versus half dozen" discussions (read: arguments) that Prius drivers love to engage in.
    The answer to your question btw...is...all of them, being as the cargo capacity of even the trial-sized Prius is sufficient to haul as many "assault rifles" [sic] as their drivers would be apt to own, including some ammunition.

Good Luck!
    Stay safe.

3. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I sincerely hope nothing happens to quell your initial enthusiasm.
    You may not of purchased the Prius C to be green, but the very act in of itself has you enjoying maximizing your gas mileage. That's the insidious way it works.

As a slightly, or greatly different P.O.V. myself, I would look forward to your observations over the course of your ownership.

Super Air 210 likes this.
  4. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I love it when some joins the forum and feels the need to gush about how ungreen and manly they are. LOL

Braddles.au, ChipL and PriusCamper like this.
  5. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Zero. The NRA denies there are any Assault rifles.

'Being Green' is only about 4th and 5th on my list.
    2010 Prius School Project! | PriusChat
    as it has to work BEFORE it is a solution. A Nissan Leaf may be 'greener' but I can't go 250 miles a day in a Leaf.

6. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    LoL!!! He drives a Prius and takes pictures for National Geographic and is trying to convince himself he's not green. LoL!!! Don't worry! :)

There's lots of PriusChat members on here like you... It seems their wallet understands the value of being green sooner than the rest of 'em understands all the many, many other values of being that way too. Either that or they're worried about losing their friends. LOL!!! Don't worry....

Your previous friends may have not said it yet but seeing you drive up in your orange Prius is the beginning of the end between you and them, which means all the more, welcome to PriusChat, you'll find new friends here! ;-)

ChipL likes this.
  7. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Couldn't of said it better myself!!! :)

8. edthefox5

edthefox5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Can't wait till an F150 tries to run you off the road. Just roll down the window and yell "I'm not green just really cheap...and I don't believe there's any environmental benefit...I'm not a commie.....really.....really........I have guns...."

ChipL and PriusCamper like this.
  9. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
  10. Gun owning Prius driver

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Lol everyone so mean to this guy lol.

wildgatsby and PriusCamper like this.
  11. Super Air 210

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    III
    Thanks for the welcome guys/gals! I don't worry about rednecks in F150s... probably because I am a redneck (to a certain extent) myself. I hunt ducks every chance I get during hunting season. I also am used to the people in my photography circles complaining about my hunting but I was a duck hunter long before I was a photographer. They have probably never tried a blackened wood duck breast with wild rice. :D

I have noticed that stupid people tend to pull out in front of small cars a lot more than in a lifted truck... happened this morning. Good thing I was driving pretty slow to maximize my MPG so it wasn't a serious issue.

I have caught a lot of hell for this car from my friends but I just got 58.1 MPG on the drive in this morning! We also took my car to lunch yesterday and there was plenty of room for 4 dudes- no problem. I have a feeling some of my friends are looking at Prius C prices online and doing the same math I did to justify the purchase. Also, my Tacoma isn't getting driven into the ground. I am very happy with this car and my wife (who wasn't sold on it when I bought it) has come around 100%. After driving all over Dallas and seeing the gas gauge not move she was sold.

12. edthefox5

edthefox5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Oh you can take a ball busting. Cool! Welcome aboard!

wildgatsby and PriusCamper like this.
  13. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Agreed! (y)

PriusCamper likes this.
  14. ETC(SS)

ETC(SS) The OTHER One Percenter.....

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes indeed.
    GOD above knows that testicular fortitude isn't mandatory to be a forum member, but I submit that it will make you a better forum member! ;)

Read.
    Learn.
    Teach others. :)

wildgatsby likes this.
  15. Mr Incredible

Mr Incredible Chance favors the prepared mind.

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    I would say it would depend on how much ammo you take with you. One rifle next to you and the rest filled with ammo cans sounds about right, but YMMV. You'd probably want to take a case of beanie-weenies with you, too, for when the barrel is cooling or you just plain get hungry.

At any rate, welcome aboard! Don't worry about the libs and greenies, they're repetitive and boring, but generally nice people when not on their soapboxes.

wildgatsby and Super Air 210 like this.
  16. Super Air 210

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    III
    I can survive on beef jerky and Monster Energy for a couple years. In my Tacoma 4X4 I carry a Glock 19 9mm and a 12 Gauge Mossberg w/Pistol grip behind the passengers rear seat. The Mossberg is my SHTF gun. I also carry a couple Surefire lights and a big-nice person ESEE Survival Knife :) The Prius has a very small center console so I had to opt for a Ruger LC9 and a small Fenix tactical light with a strike bezel. The Prius doesn't yet have a Clifford alarm like my truck does so I don't want to load it down with too much gear for now. I can definitely build a custom bracket to hide a couple Daniel Defense AR-15s behind the passenger seats and at least a couple thousand rounds of ammo.​

Xenon headlight upgrades are in my future! I like to scout out duck hunting spots when I am traveling and some bright headlights are a must when exploring in the middle of nowhere.​

17. Mr Incredible

Mr Incredible Chance favors the prepared mind.

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Yep, it'd be hard to make a C truly prepared due to hit you'd take with all the weight. It's good for some quiet running, though.

Come to think of it, I haven't even toted a single firearm in mine yet. Time to hit the range.

18. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Could be worse:

[​IMG]

19. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    Welcome.
    I've had 1 half ton of stuff in the prius for almost 450 miles. At that junction you are bottomed out. Steering is poor. Braking is poor. Power is poor - and it doesn't matter whether the stuff is explosive or benign.

SGH-I717R ? 2

20. KK6PD

KK6PD _ . _ . / _ _ . _

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    A 105 MM recoilfess rifle on a Vespa, SWEET!!
    I like the 6 round accessory strap on, I assume there are 3 rounds on the other side.
    That's alotta boom between your legs!
    I can imagine premature detonation could be a small problem! :p