1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How many miles on one tank?

Discussion in 'Prime Fuel Economy & EV Range' started by Mark57, Apr 2, 2019.

1. Simtronic

Simtronic Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius PHV
    Model:
    Business Ed. Plus
    What is yours reliable? :LOL: our gas and electric prices are high but don't get me started on our train fares, I have known it to be cheaper to buy an old car and fuel it than to buy a train ticket to the same destination!!

padroo and jerrymildred like this.
  2. Salamander_King

Salamander_King Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    At least the train does not run out of gas. Or does it??? :whistle: I don't have too many experiences using trains, but last time I was in the UK, it worked very well. It surely had been cheaper than renting a car and driving myself though I never explored that option, so I'm not sure.

#62 Salamander_King, Apr 15, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2019
  3. Simtronic

Simtronic Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius PHV
    Model:
    Business Ed. Plus
    To be fair it was a while ago since I have been on a train myself and I am sure they are better now though I doubt they are any cheaper than they were.

Salamander_King likes this.
  4. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Cue Top Gear and the £100 car challenge. (Challenge to find a £100 car that can take them from London to Manchester and back for less than what it cost for a round-trip train ticket back in 2004 - £180)

Salamander_King likes this.
  5. jb in NE

jb in NE Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Here in Nebraska, the monthly service charge is $30/month and then 9.36 cents/kwh (summer) or 8.63 (first 100 KWh(, then 7.46 (next 780 Kwh), then 4.31 for the rest. This is the residential conservation rate for those of us with heat pumps. So, most of my winter charging is at 4.3 cents/KWh, and in the summer it is 9.36 cents/KWh. That is roughtly 1 cent/mile winter, a bit more than 2 cents/mile summer.

No time of day pricing, so I have the car set to charge as soon as I plug it in. Then if a later trip in the day comes up, I'm either fully charged or close to it.

6. Salamander_King

Salamander_King Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I envy you. Here is my advice to you! As long as you own PHEV or BEV, DO NOT MOVE TO A NEW ENGLAND STATE! ;)

bruceha_2000, jerrymildred and padroo like this.
  7. bruceha_2000

bruceha_2000 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Curious. Most places have higher rates the more you use since it otherwise promotes wastefulness ;). I'd never hit the $4.31 rate since I never use 780 kWh in a month.

8. jb in NE

jb in NE Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    This rate structure is for heat pumps, which are more efficient than using gas. So in this case, the more heat pump use, the more energy extracted from the air or ground and more net energy saved. The opposite of wastefulness.

bruceha_2000 likes this.