1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How many miles were on your 2010 Prius upon delivery?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by NoMoShocks, May 20, 2009.

1. gmalis1

gmalis1 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    My brand new 2010 Barcelona Red Prius IV had 37 miles on it when I picked it up.

But, I am not complaining. I had ordered a 2010 from Libertyville Toyota almost 1 year ago. Bought 5 Toyota's from them previously. Told I was in the top 5 on the list to receive one. Called Thursday and asked where's my Prius. Was told by the salesperson he would call me right back to let me know where I stand and when. I'm still waiting for that call back.

Couldn't wait any longer so I surfed the internet on Thursday. Saw the 2010 Prius IV in my Barcelona Red without Nav...exactly what I wanted...at Bredemann Toyota. Called them...said it was available...went over that evening with at least 8 people milling around. I bought it then and there. Paid list less $12,250 for my 2005 Prius with almost 45K miles(needed tires badly...yes the ORIGINAL OEM tires).

Done deal. No hassle.

Obviously some people had test drove it with having 37 miles on it, but since I hadn't preordered from that dealer, I have no right to complain.

Funny thing...car was prepped and ready on Friday. I arrived and there are two people sitting in "my car". I shooed them out. Another potential buyer asked if I would unlock the car doors for him so he could look inside...but not sit in it!

So far, driving it two days and averaging over 60 MPG's. Loving every minute of it. The inside is so radically different than my '05 Prius, it is a gadget lover's dream come true.

Extremely happy with my purchase.

2. FToader

FToader New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Got my new Prius III 2010 with 11 miles on board.

3. zencat

zencat Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
  4. LoveMyPriusIII

LoveMyPriusIII New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Mine had 1 mile on it. My salesman put an extra mile on it when he went to the gas station to fill her up for me. So when I received her it had just two miles. I had already purchased it a week before delivery so even though it was the only one they had on the lot, they of course didn't let anyone drive it. Many people wanted to test drive it but my dealer did the classy thing and kept it untouched until I got there to pick it up!

5. p626808

p626808 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I had 6

6. gazelle

gazelle New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    5 miles.

Coincidentally, it is 2.5 miles to the nearest starbucks.

7. 1 mad scientist

1 mad scientist Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    We took delivery on June 29, 2009. The display showed 3 miles. When I filled the tank on July 3rd I noticed it was on trip A. the actual odometer read 92 miles more than the trip. Looks like the dealer pulled a fast one and being new to the Prius we did not catch it. Dealer claims in came right off the truck and they did not drive it except for the service test drive.

8. jay_man2

jay_man2 jay_man_also

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Mine had 1 mile on it when it arrived at the dealership, and 9 after I test drove it, so technically it had 9 miles at delivery.

9. av8harrier

av8harrier New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Just a measly 2 miles.

I guess that accounts for the trip from the factory exit to the parking lot, to the hold of the ship and back out to the parking lot in Newark, NJ and a quick trip to the gas station for a fill up prior to delivery.

10. StarBrite310

StarBrite310 ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    2 miles :) Perfect!

11. MMSteve

MMSteve New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    As a word of advice, I worked at a car dealership and I would NEVER buy a car that was a tester. People treat them horribly. Ride the clutch, drive with the E-brake on, etc. If I were to buy a new car, I'd shoot for as close to brand new as possible.

12. runnerhi

runnerhi New Member

Model:
    IV
    I just picked up my Prius Model IV with solar roof, and it had two miles on it. But thanks to following this thread for the last month or so, I read many suggestions about talking with the internet fleet sales manager prior to my car coming paid off. Since there are not a ton of solar roofs around, I asked prior to my car coming in for the sales manager to put my car in back lot and only he would have my car keys. He did great.

Tomorrow, I am driving by and giving him a $50 gift certificate for Nordstroms. Not for just doing that but he was a nice guy, he has three kids that I met when I got my car. Thought it might be a nice thing to do.

13. yogadoc

yogadoc Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
  14. jonathandz

jonathandz New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
  15. mr.scott.com

mr.scott.com New Member

7 miles! I tried to argue it was a "used" car, no luck!

Seriously though, I had one dealer (Russell Toyota in Ellicott City, MD) try to sell mr a demo unit with 5K+ miles for MSRP as a "new car." That seemed really bogus to me.

16. Indyking

Indyking Happy Hyundai owner...

I don't know... Indy, Chicago, Madison (WI)... it
    Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    3, and the nearest gas station is 1 mile...

17. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The real odo displays for a few seconds every time the car is shut down. I believe my Trip A always displays with the letter A and several other figures (mpg, average mph), never solo.

Is there any chance that your display was flipped to TripA after you took delivery, and before you learned how to cycle through the displays? Which number was most consistent with the number of miles you actually drove?

My salesman showed me all the odos before resetting both trip meters.

18. topkick

topkick Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Two Miles and that was prior to them going and filling it up.

19. cantgoback

cantgoback Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    1 mile before fill-up. 2 miles afterwards. I think it arrived that very day that I purchased. Otherwise it would have been the floor model which had only 4 miles, but a gazillion fingerprints all over.

20. priuslaw

priuslaw New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    1 mile...