1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

how many people would be interested in a illuminated Toyota emblem (this would be for the rear only)

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by bagwell, Nov 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Re: how many people would be interested in a illuminated Toyota emblem (this would be for the rear o

I went with white since I doubt blue is here. And even white may not be, but like most mods which look cool, they are always illegal. Tint is here too but people always do it. It's one of those things, either you do it and take the chance or don't IMO.

2. Ninjawife

Ninjawife Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Re: how many people would be interested in a illuminated Toyota emblem (this would be for the rear o

#9 Ninjawife Blue

3. DumbMike

DumbMike Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II

#10 DumbMike Blue

I believe the below law for California is applicable. However, I have no idea how much 0.05 candela per square inch is. So, if the unit has no more than 0.05 candela per square inch of a diffused, non-glaring light, I'm in.

V C Section 25400 Lighting Requirements

Lighting Requirements

25400. (a) Any vehicle may be equipped with a lamp or device on the exterior of the vehicle that emits a diffused nonglaring light of not more than 0.05 candela per square inch of area.
    (b) Any diffused nonglaring light shall not display red to the front, but may display other colors. A diffused nonglaring light shall not resemble nor be installed within 12 inches or in such position as to interfere with the visibility or effectiveness of any required lamp, reflector, or other device upon the vehicle.
    (c) A diffused nonglaring lamp or device, other than a display sign authorized by subdivision (d), shall be limited in size to an area of 720 square inches and where any lease, rental, or donation is involved the installation of the lamp or device shall be limited to those vehicles operated either primarily within business or residential districts or municipalities, or between business districts, residential districts, and municipalities in close proximity.
    (d) An internally illuminated sign emitting not more than 0.25 candela per square inch and possessing copy which does not contain a white background may be displayed on each side, but not on the front or rear, of a trolley coach or of a bus being operated in urban or suburban service as described in Section 35107 of this code.

1 person likes this.
  4. firepa63

firepa63 Former Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
  5. Paradox

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five

Yeah, we were talking about this in another thread concerning the emblems but since they are $299 each there, we are trying to take orders for ones here in this thread for $35 shipped.

Not to say the ones at Sigma aren't very very nice looking, but that price is C-R-A-Z-Y.

6. LOLGuy

LOLGuy Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four

#11 Lolguy - Blue

7. rickkop

rickkop New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V

30 bucks? Count me in for a blue one. Rick

Editing to follow the ordering method for continuity:

#12 rickkop (blue)

1 person likes this.
  8. bagwell

bagwell Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
  9. Agape

Agape Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

Interested in one white or blue if Blackmamba confirms it will match with Prius 2004-2009. if I get chance to confirm it wheter fit or not I will post update. Shipping to Ireland hehe

10. Paradox

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five

I'm pretty sure it is not the same size and no way that'll include shipping outside the US.

1 person likes this.
  11. DumbMike

DumbMike Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II

Paradox,

Thanks for editing my post for the proper ordering format (I didn't know you could do that).

Plus, I'm in even if it might be or is illegal in California to have this on either the front or back.

DumbMike

12. Paradox

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five

No problem Mike, I would never edit someone's post unless it's to get rid of spam or delete profanity etc. In this case, I just want to try and ease Bagwell's job. When I was into bourbon and ran my own site, we all did a barrel purchase. Well, the logistics of purchasing the barrel, having it bottled, shipped to a retailer and then sending out bottles to people across the US was an undertaking I would NEVER do again. Needless to say, you can see why I want to try and help him out... :)

1 person likes this.
  13. liskipper

liskipper Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three

#13 Liskipper Blue

14. Fugy

Fugy New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V

#14 Fugy (Blue)

15. PhazonPhobe

PhazonPhobe His name is Sora

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

If someone could measure their 2010 Toyota emblem, we could get an idea of whether or not it would fit on the Gen II

My front emblem measured 4 1/4" x 2 3/4"
    My back emblem measured 4 1/2" x 3"

I'm definitely interested in a blue if someone can confirm their 2010 logo size

16. Paradox

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five

I'll measure mine later but I was behind a Gen II yestedya and said to myself it looks no way like they are the same... I had a Gen II and can't even remember though.

Like I said I'll measure later but I wouldn't have high hopes...

17. PhazonPhobe

PhazonPhobe His name is Sora

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

Oh, it's way too late for high hopes. I've been trying to find these things for a while. I've spent hours searching around trying to find them.

18. Gadgetdad

Gadgetdad New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV

15 Gadgetdad Blue

I really enjoy the illuminated door sills, so this will be a fun addition. I may even figure out a way to power up the emblem on a timer so it stays on after you exit the car for hour or so!:D

19. Gadgetdad

Gadgetdad New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV

Is the numbering sequence correct? I don't see #7. :confused:

Lee

20. Paradox

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five

Yeah, no #7. I contacted chavezguy from post #24 via pm since he said I'll take one but didn't put a number or color. If he's good to go, I'll make him #7...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.