1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How many Prii did you see today? !!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by ystasino, Jun 17, 2007.

1. ystasino

ystasino Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I was in Fells Point here in Baltimore having dinner and walking around with friends and saw 6 Prii, three classic grey one salsa red a black and a seaside pearl.

They are allover the place! I think the recent gas price spike has pushed loads to this car! It would be interesting to know the sales figures compared to last year...

2. Zoozoo3

Zoozoo3 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ystasino @ Jun 17 2007, 12:16 AM) [snapback]463325[/snapback]</div>
    I have not seen another Prius around here for days. The last one was early last week, parked. It WOULD be very interesting to know sales figures-

3. slair

slair Ubër Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I usually see 2 or 3 others a day. Mine is the only black one I've seen. I alway see either white, or seaside pearl.

4. bigscrb15

bigscrb15 New Member

I see very very few. Maybe 1-2 a week. We do have one that lives in our same apartment complex. It is black standard. Ours is a black touring

5. ltu1542hvy

ltu1542hvy New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Haven't seen any in several weeks. :( The last time I saw any Prii was when I went back to NC on vacation a few weeks ago, where they were all over the place. I would be very shocked to see one here in Benin anytime soon - or anywhere in West-Africa for that matter.

6. paulccullen

paulccullen New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I saw eight of them yesterday walking to and from lunch (about a mile). I sometimes amuse myself by playing "count the Prii" as I walk along... :)

7. SSmith

SSmith Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(paulccullen @ Jun 28 2007, 09:08 AM) [snapback]469359[/snapback]</div>

Where does a Prius walk for lunch and how do you get a Prius into "Walk" mode? I bet that mode uses even less gas! :lol:

8. tochatihu

tochatihu Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    I lost count in Santa Fe NM Tuesday, but it may have been my first 100-Prius day. Dang I'll bet that Beaver Toyota sells a lot of cabin air filters :)

9. Elephanthead

Elephanthead Junior Member

I see at least 10 a day driving to and from work, but I do a long city commute, which is why the prius rocks, and I guess I could be seeing the same 5 morning and night lol.

10. ZA_Andy

ZA_Andy Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Two today so far, 3 or 4 on most days.

11. aznDragonX

aznDragonX Junior Member

I saw 6 on the way to work this morning.

12. Sarge

Sarge Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE Premium
    I typically see 2-3 per day in Toronto, where they are still somewhat rare, at least compared to the States.

I was in Montreal earlier this week and saw a silver Prius taxi - very nice to see some other cities (or at least independent cabbies) following Vancouver's lead! B)

13. moxiequz

moxiequz Weirdo Social Outcast

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I tried counting all the Prii I saw one day on the way home from work. I think I got up to about 12 before I stopped keeping track. Gotta love the Bay Area!

14. Malarkey

Malarkey New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(moxiequz @ Jun 28 2007, 02:05 PM) [snapback]469524[/snapback]</div>
    I usually see about 4 on the highway going to/from work... but about 15 in few minutes I'm driving in or out of New Haven, CT. The Mayor even drives one, which cracks me up since he went to it from a Ford Excursion.

He still has almost hit me though :/ Seems like a nice guy but I'd rather not share a parking garage with him. :)

15. San_Carlos_Jeff

San_Carlos_Jeff Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    N/A
    A year or so back I counted Prii on the way to work and stopped after getting past 25. Today for a couple miles there were 4 of us in a row cruising down the HOV lane.

Edit: Today (06/29) I counted again and saw 48 on the way to work. I was only counting the current generation because I always get the older model confused with Echos.

16. Rae Vynn

Rae Vynn Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Some days, I see a Hybrid Highlander on my way home...
    There is the one that lives a couple of blocks from us, but I rarely see any other Prii :(

17. huskers

huskers Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
  18. Zoozoo3

Zoozoo3 New Member

Saw 4 today at O'Hare and 1 on the tollway. I was fascinated as I followed a green one around and around the Arrivals loop, waiting to pick up my son. I got to see it from the front, back and both sides. It was a joy to watch! And an even bigger thrill to know what an environmentally "kind" car it is. Unfortunately I wasn't driving mine at the time - in the shop for a failed auxiliary battery. I really missed her! She is now safe and sound, tucked in for the night in my garage. All is well!

19. X-MAN

X-MAN New Member

Tried counting a couple times... gave up somewhere after 40...

20. carleric

carleric New Member

I see 4 or 5 a week. Not bad for Houston. :)