1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How many Prii did you see today? !!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by ystasino, Jun 17, 2007.

1. Rangerdavid

Rangerdavid Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    I saw three Prii in Boone yesterday for the first time Ever!!! There was a blue, white, and my SPM at the same stop light at the same time! Cool huh?

2. allargon

allargon Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I see on average 4 a day. If i go to Whole Foods or any local Austin hippie (Burning Man socials, Eeyore's birthday, etc.) events, I will likely see at least 25.

3. ctmurray

ctmurray Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(allargon @ Aug 5 2007, 10:45 AM) [snapback]490886[/snapback]</div>
    Three in the Sam's Club parking lot today.

4. PriusTouring07

PriusTouring07 New Member

2 to 5 a day in Vegas. Lost count how many I saw in San Francisco - must be hundreds.

5. hoop

hoop On The South Texas Coast

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Three today in Houston :eek:

6. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Three today but didn't go far.

One in the CostCo parking lot parked a few cars from me when I came out.

Another black one turning in front of my as I was leaving.

One parked on the street a few streets from my house. That's possibly a resident's car. That makes two people in my area that own them. Pretty good considering the neighborhood is low income. There are two on my parents' cul de sac. So whenever I visit them I'm guaranteed to see at least two.

7. Gringa

Gringa Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    My husband and I just returned from a short road trip to north Ga/Tenn/NC area. I started off the trip by counting the number of Prius that I saw. My husband was startled that I would do this and was teasing me at first, but by the end of our trip he was suddenly calling out when he'd spot one :rolleyes:. Alot of our drive was at night, so we may have missed a few, but we saw 20 over a 5 day drive back and forth from Fla.

8. TummyMan

TummyMan Tummy Man

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I counted 7 driving through Sedona today.:D

9. Schnauzermom

Schnauzermom New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I usually only see 1 or two others a day, and darn it, almost always when I can't get close enough to wave.

I've not seen anyone else in Nashville post here, but I know they're selling like crazy, as much trouble as I had finding one to buy.

One day last month I had pulled over on a parkway to try to pick up a stray dog, been unable to catch him, and turned around to go on to an appointment. On my way back down the parkway, there was another Prius pulled over at the spot where I'd seen the dog. I wanted sooo badly to stop and meet not only another fool who picks up stray dogs, but a fellow Prius owner as well.

10. BoltonJoe

BoltonJoe Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    So many Prii in Massachusetts!

Here in Eastern/Central Massachusetts--known to members of the GOP as "the People's Republic" (oops, am I getting political?)--I see so many Prii that it would be difficult to keep track. I'm sure Austin, San Francisco, Madison and other such dens of greenness have lots, too.

One reason I bought mine was because my boss, who has an even longer commute than I do, has owned one for going on three years. He loves it! So now, in a small office of 10 (one of whom doesn't own a car), we've got two Prii.

11. RobH

RobH Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    My record is 7 green Prius (plus mine) on a couple of hour shopping trip in Silicon Valley.

I think that was the same trip where there were 5 Prius in the Whole Foods parking lot when I went in, and 4 different ones when I came out.

The local ethnic vehicle used to be a 3-series BMW. Prius has clearly replaced the small BMW as the techie's choice. Higher mucky mucks still go for larger BMWs and Mercedes. The local grammar school at 3:00 PM seems to be SUV central. Anybody driving a GM vehicle is clearly out of touch.

And then there's my neighbor with his purchased new 1965 Mustang. It has over 400,000 miles on it (40 years times 10,000 adds up). He thinks my Prius is ugly, but then he seems to be caught in a time warp. I play "what's this part do?" games with him when he comes over to check out an oil change. The inverter stumped him, and then I asked if he had a thermos bottle to store hot coolant. And no belt going to the air conditioning pump. Really weird. Then the engine started up by itself.

12. cstephen

cstephen New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    40 today (so far) - and prius:mini cooper ratio

Since I began considering buying a Prius recently, I've been sensitized to them - and quickly realized that San Francisco is absolutely packed with these things.

My daughter and I played a game on the way to her school this morning - a race between Prius sightings and Mini Cooper sightings.

Traveling south to north across San Francisco, we spotted 20 Priuses and 14 Mini Coopers (the majority of the latter in the Pacific Heights neighborhood, where incomes are high and parking spots for large cars scarce) - all within 25 minutes.

Completing my commute to work, I saw exactly 20 more Priuses, bringing the total to 40 Priuses and 21 Mini Coopers - and one "Smart" (are those things street legal? looks like a disneyland ride).

Maybe there'll be more on the way home.

Probably going to take the plunge, but it'll mean giving up my beloved '94 corolla wagon...

13. hadegermark

hadegermark Junior Member

I probably only see one per month. I live in Germany and they haven't really caught on over here yet. At gas being over $6.50 a gallon I would have thought they would have been a best seller by now. I think europeans don't really understand them yet. I get second looks all the time, though.

14. omgitsroy326

omgitsroy326 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    probably 12 a day...

15. swfoster2

swfoster2 New Member

Hello Hadegemark- I have a friend here in L.A. who is German. He drives a Mercedes but is in love with my Prius. He said they have not caught on in Europe because the VW diesel gets better mileage. But what about emissions?

16. TummyMan

TummyMan Tummy Man

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Re: How many Prii did you see today? !!

Almost everyday I drive into Sedona for lunch and on that daily drive I see 15 to 22 Prius's on average, about 60% non touring and 40% touring.

I am a bit floored as to just how many there are in this small town. To be honest about 45% of the Prius's I see are tourists.

So far this year the Prius that has traveled the longest distance from Sedona was a red one that had a Maine plate on it.

Thanks for reading my babble:p

17. Lola'05

Lola'05 New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius

I am in PA, southeastern area, around Philadelphia. In the last year, I have seen a tremendous increase of Prius. I can drive 10 miles and see about 5-10 during that drive. I remember when I got Lola in 2005, a Prius was unusual then. We used to wave at each other then. Now it is so frequent, there is nothing special about it.

18. jclay1965

jclay1965 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius

Well, we just moved back to San Francisco - live in the city - our neighbor has 2 Prii, and there are at least 3 others parked on the street in our block that I can see. There are so many of them in San Francisco, it's impossible to keep count of them all sometimes. I would say San Francisco and the Bay Area has the market cornered on the Prius - it's really amazing.

19. The Root

The Root Desert Dweller

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius

On a quick drive from Phoenix to Prescott Arizona, and then a bit of driving around Prescott, I counted 14 of them. I am still thinking of one in April when I will be in the market for a new ride.

20. PoulStaugaard

PoulStaugaard Now a PriusOwner

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius

I only remember seeing two on the road (1 in Denmark, 1 in Sweden). Plus the 5 that I have found at dealers. So mine will be the third that I see on the road, but it doesn't really count, does it? It'll be interesting to see how many people turn their heads at it, when I glide past them in silence. When there is silence, that is.