1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How many prius cars do you see in your jobs parking lot?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by stanleyjohn, Jan 25, 2007.

1. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Every car where I park is a Prius.

Of course, I usually work from home, and mine is the only car in the driveway...

2. gge5

gge5 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    III
    At the College of Oceanic and Atmospheric Sciences we have a parking lot that holds about 100 cars. There are normally about 5-7 in the lot each day. I think our area of work has something to do with that choice though!

3. ewhanley

ewhanley New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Surpisingly, during my internship this summer, there were three including mine. The surprising part is that I was working for a petroleum company. Now that I am back at school, there are five (I think). Three professors and two students.

4. PA

PA Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    Mine is the only one. There is also a Camry Hybrid.

I see more Prii at the grocery store (BJ's and Whole Foods).

5. Earthling

Earthling New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Only one where I work, I'm the pioneer.

The lot holds around 40 cars.

I don't mind being the first.

The F250's sure look dumb in that lot, being used just to haul some macho type to and from work. Oh, yeah, one guy showed up in a "King Ranch" pickup truck. I was so impressed.

When I worked in nearby facility, I used to joke that the guys in one section were locked in the "Mine is bigger than yours" struggle, since they would try to out-do each other with the largest 4X4 pickup trucks. What would Freud say about that? :lol:

Harry

6. gs1561

gs1561 New Member

In our parking lot of about 200 cars, I now count 5.

7. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    There a 4 Prii (including mine) parked at my building and another at the building across the street. I was influenced by the testimonial of the guy in the next department. My boss bought his '07 based on my experience.

8. oms2burn

oms2burn New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    At our lot (approx 150 cars), 3 are Prii (including mine). All 3 are owned by mainframe system programmers at the headquarters of a brokerage company. We are all male and over 40. We all talk about our cars all the time (perhaps a little too proud). I am the last (newest) one, but in my mind I wanted to get one first. Only one other hybrid, a Civic. This is a single building on a spread-out campus, I have seen several on other lots of our campus, suspect the total is 6 (out of 300 or so?). Not too bad for not being a left-coast! Have not spotted any other models of hybrids, but might not have noticed a Camry or an Escape (the Prii stand out and the new Civic model looks a little different, making me look for the hybrid logo).

-jack

9. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    There are about 5-6 on my college campus in Rocklin, Ca.

The world record had to be the Google parking lot. I parked in their garage and stood by my bumper and counted 26 Prii in view from that one spot. There were a ton more in other areas of the garage as well but I was astounded by how many I saw. That didn't count all the Civic hybrids either.

10. jkash

jkash Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    There are three Prius owners at the middle school I teach at. My 2004, a 2005, and a 2006. There are over 100 teachers. Our retired principal drove a Ford Escape Hybrid. Our new principal drives a Benz. I like the old principal better.

11. ltu1542hvy

ltu1542hvy New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Absolutely none whatsoever in the parking lot where I work. Then again, I work in Cotonou, Benin in West-Africa and with the condition of the "roads" around here, much less the lack of service facilities, driving a Prius here would just not be a reasonable proposition, unfortunately.

12. VTAllen

VTAllen New Member

There are two Prii in our school's parking lot. (Central Vermont) We both purchased our cars from the same salesman in Silver Spring, MD. My beloved Audi was nearly dead, so we drove it to MD - there was a 4 month waiting period for our local dealer to get a shipment, and while we'd put down a deposit on one, the Audi was becoming prohibitively expensive to maintain. We spoke with my nephew in MD who drove by the dealership and reported that there were a dozen on the lot, so we internet shopped, drove down, and made a deal. As soon as I got home with it my co-worker wanted to know how I managed to get a Prius. She sent her husband packing off to MD and he came home with one, too. I park next to a big, honking 4WD macho truck - it's pretty funny.

13. Vincent

Vincent Don't Wait Until Tomorrow

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    About 30

We share a prrking lot with JM Family Enterprises, the owner of Southeast Toyota.

14. lrimmer

lrimmer New Member

Hi. I'm a new Prius owner (about 6 wks) and have been checking out the forum but had to join when I saw this thread. I work in a building of almost 50 people and we have 7 Prii in the lot.

15. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(soccermom @ Jan 26 2007, 09:32 AM) [snapback]381054[/snapback]</div>
    In my underground lot at the hospital in Gotham - three floors with each floor holding I am guessing 125-150 cars - there are about 5 or 6 Prii.

The biggest trend over the past 5 years has been a significant decrease in BMW 7 series with a surge of Lexii of all makes.

16. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    oh man, i lose track.

we've had a surge. just the lot i'm in... i think there are 6 prii, 3 hycams, 3 hihys, and maybe 10 hch's... and i've seen 2 insights around though i'm not sure if the new insight is replacing the old one i haven't seen in a while. also an rx400h, whose owner told me he was on the list for one of the new gs450hs but i have not yet seen it. (i'd like to!)

walking from my usual parking space to the lab (maybe .3 mile), i pass about 12 hybrids. and that's before my lot is even half full in the morning.

17. Prius The First

Prius The First New Member

out of about 80+ cars, there are 4 Prius and 1 Highlander Hybrid.

18. kettledrum

kettledrum Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Mine is the only one (about 80 employees) so it's up to me to spread the good word!

19. malibucarl

malibucarl Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Slightly off topic.
    At the Disney Concert Hall in Los Angeles There are MANY Prius autos at any concert we have attended. In fact we joke about marking our car so we can find the correct one.
    Carl

20. livelychick

livelychick Missin' My Prius

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Out of about 3000 employees, I've noticed at least 4 Prii. No insights, one Hy-Higlander, but I don't know about Hy-Civics.

Of course, I work for a company with no eco-rules or policies--in a state that does next to nothing for the environment outside of Northern Virginia. So it's really no surprise...