1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How many Prius do you see daily?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by john1701a, Nov 18, 2004.

1. curtissac

curtissac New Member

I see at least a dozen a day - those are just the ones I actually notice. I drive 300-700 miles a week in mine and see lots on the freeway during commute hours. Seems like every fourth or fifthe car in teh HOV lane is a Prius. When I am at Alta Bates hospital in Berkeley, I see at least 4 or 5 in the garage... But then that's Berkeley :) They are less plentiful in the garage at Stanford.

I don't think they are much of a head-turner any more. I saw three just as I was going in at out of the Arden Fair mall lot in Sacramento at lunch today.

2. quagmire0

quagmire0 New Member

A few months ago, I'd be lucky to see one every two weeks. However, this past weekend, when I was driving, we saw them everywhere! It's definitely growing in popularity in the Chicago area.

3. duanelaugh

duanelaugh New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I see one every two weeks at the very most, ours in the only one in our development.

4. curtissac

curtissac New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Duane @ Sep 6 2006, 04:34 PM) [snapback]315421[/snapback]</div>
    Mine was the second one just on my court. :)

5. msmit002

msmit002 Junior Member

From what I can see... we're the only one in our 1200 family development. Then again, I live in pickup-truck lovin' redneck ville. :lol:

But in Baltimore City, I do see one or two a day on my commute. There are about 4 in my parking garage (but all have Wash. DC tags.) However, I have been seeing a few other hybrids lately. I saw my first Lexus RX400h yesterday! That was interesting...

6. Frank Hudon

Frank Hudon Senior Member

10 day 3000Km drive and saw 13 Prius. 1 Classic and 6G2's the rest, 6, were on dealer lots. Saw 23 smart for two's. All on the road. Stopped at one dealer as there was a 2k6 on the lot then found a 2k4 on the used lot. Asked the salesman how Prius sales were, not very good, but we sell all the HyCam's and HyHi's we get. Sold 3 Prius this year and 4 HyCams last month. No one want's them anymore. That's been prettywell my thoughs on the Prius. Every dealer has them on the lot.

7. PA

PA Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    0-3 on a daily basis, more like 1-2 avg.

For some reason blue used to be the only color I saw before I bought mine (which was why I initially didn't want a blue), but since then the most common colors are white, Driftwood Pearl, & red, roughly in that order. I also see the Seaside Pearl (maybe more often than the red) and rarely the Pine Mica. I may have seen a black here & there but I don't recall.

In the last few weeks I've also seen 2 of the first-gen. (Classic) models.

I appear to be the only one in the lot at work (800-1000 vehicles I guess), although I did spot a gold Camry hybrid.

8. darwin100

darwin100 New Member

I see 10-20 depending on how much time I spend on the road...hey it's Berkeley!

9. maze

maze New Member

Hmm, let me see. A couple (anywhere from 4 to 8) on the 3 mile drive to work.
    Another 2-3 more on the drive back (a lot later, so far less traffic).
    Usually 4 or so on the parking lot while parking.
    And another dozen more or so if I head out on foot anywhere during lunch (like during the 8 minute walk to the bank), though to be fair most of those are on the neighbouring parking lots.

And what are you guys talking about, the Prius not selling? At my dealer there's a 1-3 month wait list, and the only Prius you'll see is either already sold, or the complimentary one...

10. Plain_jim

Plain_jim New Member

At least four, because we own two, and there are two other in my condo development which I pass on the way out. On the road, I see fewer than one other per day (and my commute is 75-90 minutes). On the upside, I'm seeing fewer Hummers to flip off.

11. Frank Hudon

Frank Hudon Senior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(maze @ Sep 7 2006, 01:18 AM) [snapback]315615[/snapback]</div>
    they just aren't selling here in Canada. Every dealer has them sitting on their lot. Just telling it like I see it. My local dealer has had one for at least a month and a half sitting in the display lot. Silver B model or what ever they call the mid model here now. Loaded less Nav. The salesman said after the first little rush when the G2 was introduced in 2k4 it's just dropped off.

12. Erick

Erick Member

I drive about 6 miles round-trip for work and I see about 10 or so silver Prius alone. If I counted every Prius I saw I would never make it to work! :D I'm thinking about getting some cool blue flames painted on the front of the car to set me apart. :lol:

13. barbaram

barbaram Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Drove from Trenton To Atlantic City for work again- about 70 miles and saw NONE!

Until I arrived at work!
    Not only has NJ Transit ordered Prii, they have also bought a fleet of Escape hybrids![attachmentid=4935]

Attached Files:

14. Scott_R

Scott_R Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I was watching the somewhat unexceptional new show "Vanished" and just look at what the pretty but unfortunately somewhat stupid daughter of the lead character is driving:

[attachmentid=4936]

One strange thing: they show her walking up to the car and getting out her keys to open it, but she clearly (and obviously) doesn't actually use them!

15. PriusRos

PriusRos A Fairly Senior Member - 2016 Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I am seeing more than when I first got my Prius back in June. But still not that many -- maybe 2 every 10 miles or so.

However, I tend see more at certain business establishments that I also frequent. For example, at Whole Foods, I once saw four.

16. DrewMcKnee

DrewMcKnee New Member

I probably see 2 going to work, 2 coming home, and another 2 or three in my office parking lot. Now that I own a Prius, my mind is much more attuned to that "pattern", and I am noticing more and more of them.

17. miniracer

miniracer New Member

They are all over the SF Bay Area. I'll bet I see 10-15 a day. The other day I was at a stop light with 7 cars, and 5 were Prii. Amazing.

18. maze

maze New Member

At where I work there's this vehicle database, registration is voluntary (basically to tell folks they left the lights on, etc). I just dumped it, and here's the results:

2305 registered cars of which 110 are Priuses (4.7%)

But more interesting is the colors:
    29 SILVER
    18 BLUE
    16 RED
    12 GREY
    10 BLACK
    9 WHITE
    7 GREEN
    6 BEIGE
    3 GOLD

(Some normalization done to get it down to 'primary' colors, I couldn't really guess how this translates into toyota colour names, especially considering there's no model years, etc)

I wonder how many folks haven't registered their vehicles...

19. dafut

dafut New Member

Before I got my Prius at December '05's end, I actually saw two Prius' on the same night here in Anchorage. Yet it's only been in the last three months where I'd see more than maybe two a day--and on many days, I'd only see my own (which I don't count).

Now, as in these last three months, I typically see at least two a day if I drive any distance in town--and quite often, I'll see four or five. It's take a while but we're finally seeing a few here in oil-rich Alaska, and that's a good thing.

20. stevedegraw

stevedegraw Member

In San Diego I've been part of three side by side across three of the four lanes of Interstate 5. I think we all either speed up or slow down to make the three of-a-kind phenomenon.

Overall, I see at least 10 a day to and from the office a 20 mile round trip. To LA and back we see about 35 or 40 without looking too hard. Prii are pretty much main stream out here.

Lately we've seen a lot of company branded Prii. Qualcomm, San Diego Gas and Electric and even a bluprint print shop down the street with a fleet of 15 Toyota trucks just added two new Prii to the fleet.