1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How many Prius do you see daily?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by john1701a, Nov 18, 2004.

1. Frank Hudon

Frank Hudon Senior Member

only saw two today, one black and one lime green. Saw 7 smart-for-two's

2. janetjanetbobanet

janetjanetbobanet Junior Member

Maybe one or two a month here. Sometimes more. I see more when I go to Colorado Springs where my daughter lives.

3. tmorrowus

tmorrowus Member

I just did another drive across the country in my 2004 Prius, from San Francisco Bay Area to Atlanta Georgia, out on hwy 40 and back on hwy 80. I was surprised at how few Priuses I saw out there. Only about a half dozen on the whole 6000 miles. Surprisingly, the most I saw was in Omaha, Nebraska where I saw three. One in Chicagoland, one in Des Moines, Iowa, and one in Cheyenne, Wyoming. Of course I saw more than that on my way back into the Bay Area.

4. chimohio

chimohio New Member

Was out on my road bike today and took a side road home - there in someone's driveway was a silver Prius - bunch of peole having a party so I just told 'em nice Prius.

5. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    There is a term that is used in the hospital when doing "counts" with microscopy. Abbreviated it is TNC, long hand that is Too Numerous to Count. We are getting there in Olympia. The Prius is "the" car in the Doc's parking lot, it is replacing the SUV s. I made rounds today and there were three silver Prii in a row! I had to check out the cars for the one with the rear camera license plate camera to find mine!! We now have every 04-05 color in our lot and we are quickly adding all the new 06-07 colors. It is a movement!!

6. dachshund

dachshund New Member

If I really pay attention, upwards of 20 per day: several on the freeway towards San Francisco (while I'm taking the BART train), several that I see in the city, and a few around the suburbs at home. They're all over SF - if I have a few minutes to look out the window at work, I usually see a few. I've noticed more around the suburbs recently, which is a good sign.

Did anyone notice the one on the TV show Brothers and Sisters? Clearly seen in the opening of the show.

Today someone shouted to me through the window - "how much does that car cost?" :)

7. busyrosy

busyrosy New Member

Too many ;) In Berkeley, CA, there's at least one prius parked in each block. When you drive by certain neighborhoods (like Kengsington which is right next to Berkeley) or North Berkeley, you see several prii parked in each residential block. There is a significantly high ratio of older prii in Kengsington (more than 50%), which suggests that the residents were already buying Prii like crazy years back. When I got my Prius in April 2006, I was the only prius at my apartment complex. By the time I moved out in late September 2006, there were three prii in my parking garage (there are only 50 parking spots). Nowadays, when I commute to school in the HOV lane, I will see a prius either in front of me or behind me more often than not.

8. LMA

LMA New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Last Wednesday we drove from my parent's place in Westchester County, NY to our home in the Silver Spring area of Maryland and played "Punchbuggy Prius" the whole trip. Now mind you, on my 12 mile commute to work I routinely see at *least* two or three other Prius on the road in the morning, another two or three in the parking lot at REI, and again, another two or three on my way home. And that's not counting the ones clearly being test-driven out of the Toyota dealership at the midway point.

Well, in our entire 350-plus mile drive down the Hutchinson River Parkway, to the Cross County Expressway, across the George Washington Bridge, along the Jersey Turnpike, over the Delaware Memorial Bridge and down I-95 to MD 198, we only saw seven Prius. And the last one was *mine* parked in the garage at home (we'd taken our mountain bikes with us to NY and I don't have a hitch yet so we had to use the other car)!

We also never saw a single white one all day, which seems to be quite a prevalent color here. Only black, grey and silver and the older shade of red. (Mine was the only blue!) :blink:

OTOH, the other day I went to the doctor (routine stuff) and parked "off in left field" because it's a brand-new scratchless car and I want to keep it that way. When I came back, parked next to me on one side was a mint green, original style Prius on one side, and a dark red current model on the other side! I got a really good laugh out of that. :D

9. derkraut

derkraut Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(john1701a @ Nov 18 2004, 08:18 PM) [snapback]51470[/snapback]</div>

Today I spotted 11 of them on a 20mi drive here in the SAN area. :)

10. Silverlode

Silverlode New Member

I see 4 to 8 daily here in Chicago.

11. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

They are everywhere, especially at work. I walk past 11 or 12 in the parking lot walking to my office, along with an Insight and a Civic hybrid or two. It's getting hard to find my own car! :D

12. barbaram

barbaram Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    What a surprise today- drove my little 35 mile pleasure drive from trenton to milford and saw 6!!!!
    I guess they are finally realizing that NJ is a better place to live than CA!!!!!! hahahahhaha!

13. razzledazzlebee

razzledazzlebee New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I see quite a few when I geto out of my little town. This weekend we drove down to Puyallup and drove back today. We encountered 3 other Seaside Pearls. We were following my father in law and got stuck at a light. A blue Prius jumped in behind him, and he was confused and thought it was us. LOL. I saw another one on the freeway and the man had a little Bichon Frieze on his lap. We all smiled at each other. Then another was at the gas station with us.
    It's very common to see silver ones in my area, but blue is one of the more uncommon colors. :)

14. orionll

orionll Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Normally from 20-123. No really. One day in Berkeley I saw 123 Prii including the Berkekey Crime Scene Investigation Prius.

15. V8Cobrakid

V8Cobrakid Green Handyman

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    i used to recall when i only saw a few. Lately it seems as if I'm looking to not see the prii around me. they are everywhere.

16. rufaro

rufaro WeePoo, Gen II

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    On my 8-ish k road trip, from Oct 30 '06 to mid Dec '06, from San Fran Bay area, up across Canada (more or less--I crossed the border four times), then back across to SF Bay area--a more--or less--southerly route via various points only in the US, I did note huge chunks--Canada and US--where I saw few to no Prii. Yeah, I kept notes. Remember...the Pri is not just a car--it's a cult. :lol:

The REALLY weird thing was how many PT cruisers I saw in Santa Fe...

17. Tom6850

Tom6850 Retired

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I see about one a week. Thats why I asked how many were in each state earlier. I think that will change as the fuel prices increase. Also I can not pick out the earlier models. I do enjoy meeting another owner in a parking lot and talking about how great the car is.

18. quagmire0

quagmire0 New Member

Before I bought my Prius in September, I saw maybe 1 or 2 Priuses a week. Now I see multiple every day. Definitely an explosion in popularity in the Chicago area.

19. R1200GS

R1200GS Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    besides our Prius, there is a black one and a silver one that park near our place that i see when walking to and from the L each weekday. on weekends i see them zoooming around sometimes. maybe 3 or 4 on the move each weekend day that i drive a significant amount, which is not often.

20. eucalyptic

eucalyptic New Member

At least 10 everyday. In my parking spot alone, there's a silver, a gold, a red and black (mine) and a 2002 green one plus at least 3 Civic Hybrids. I secretly smile when I see them.