1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How many Prius do you see daily?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by john1701a, Nov 18, 2004.

1. rflagg

rflagg Member

New Prii - ie, 04 & 05's, I see about 5-7 each way to work, and about the same on the way home. Some of these are the same ones, not all of them though.

I've lost count of classics, but there are definately more HCH's than classic Prii around here. At any rate, it's a good thing! :)

-m.

2. ml194152

ml194152 Member

Here in Texas (Houston vicinity) I'm lucky to see one every 2 month. This is truck country. People here don't care about hybrids.

3. crenshaw

crenshaw New Member

Rickster is right - in Seattle they are everywhere. When I put my name on the list you would have to keep a look-out for the '04s (maybe 2 a day). Then as my wait became unbearable (I waited 10 months) you'd see more and more and more. If I was driving around all day I might see 20?

4. nathanvoght

nathanvoght New Member

I got my 05 Prius one month ago. I have seen since I ordered my car last December, about 8 current generation, and about 10 first generation Prius. I have seen about 5 or 6 first generation Prius just in the last 2 weeks for some reason.

5. heliotropehead

heliotropehead New Member

I rarely see them on the road but I've counted 4 other Prii in my town. Sadly, mine isn't the only silver anymore. :(

6. FaFa

FaFa New Member

I recently drove from Chicago, thru MI, ONT, NY, VT, NH, MA, OH, IN on a three week vacation and saw only 2. Both of these were in MA. At least I don't feel others are getting the one I'm waiting for,

7. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco\";p=\"51527)</div>
    You need to do something about that medical staff! We have 5 and will be at 7 by year end. One FP who lives near by and can take city streets 25 to 35 mph speed limits is talking about adding an electric car to the 2 Prii he owns. You folks need to do some catching up to the St Peter medical staff! BTW I will be in your neck of the woods for Thanksgiving seeing relatives. I will keep an eye out for you. I tried to rent a Prius but no one had one at the airport.

8. bruceha_2000

bruceha_2000 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(FaFa\";p=\"51577)</div>
    And you didn't stop to say hi? :-( If you went from ON to NY to VT to NH, I bet you passed within 2 miles of my house. I could have shown you one with VT plates. :)

9. bigbaldcuban

bigbaldcuban New Member

I still only see about one a month (maybe). I kinda like it that way. Makes me feel special. :mrgreen:

10. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I see one every couple of weeks ... which is kind a weird since mikepaul has moved within a mile from me now :)

11. techogurl

techogurl New Member

I see my bosses 04 Silver everyday he comes to work....which means I haven't seen it a ton lately. Hmm. As for other Pri, I don't believe I've ever actually seen one. I have seen the Insight though. I'm sure there are others that I don't see on my commute.

I think that eventually at least in NW, AR there will be more Pri...the rest of the state will probably stick mainly to trucks and SUVs.

12. T_S_Kimball

T_S_Kimball Ambassador from Uru

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I don't drive as much as I used to (working 3rd shift and all), but I know of at least two (maybe three) Prii that inhabit the area around my apartment in northern Hoboken, NJ (for those who live here, I'm next to the 14th st viaduct). I did see an Insight once when stopping by my old hometown of Franklin Township (Somerset, NJ).

Others may not see my 05 (and the 02 previously) as I have it garaged and it primarily shows up at night when I make my rounds between offices / datacenters.

There are several in a fleet bought by NY/NJ transit authority, primarily Super White classics. I also know a few registered by ZipCar in Hoboken (Stevens Univ), and NYC. The local Enterprise had one, once, but I may have been mistaken.

--TSK

13. bcool

bcool New Member

I live in the far west suburbs of St. Louis, and I might see one or two a month. The last "sighting" was on Monday night - a white one, fresh from the dealer (it didn't have any plates).

14. pepa

pepa New Member

It seems that as you move further East from the point where the Priuses are unloaded from the ship, the less frequent the sightings are. These Westerners are stealing them straight from the loading dock :guns:

I saw two this week here in Northern Illinois, both silver, one on Tuesday and one today. But that's rare exception - I suspect it was the same car :cry:

15. jchu

jchu New Member

At our home base around Nampa ID, (Boise suburb) maybe 2 every other week or so.

In Seattle, downtown, where we have spend all too much time this last 2 months, at least 5 a day

16. T_S_Kimball

T_S_Kimball Ambassador from Uru

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pepa\";p=\"51678)</div>
    Actually mine says it was unloaded at Newark, NJ. Quite a trip if you ask me, may explain some of the markups here.

--TSK

17. DanH

DanH New Member

Around here (Greensboro, NC) I see one every week to two.

Last weekend I saw my first Seaside Pearl (my first color of choice) and today I saw what I thought was a Tideland Pearl, but it seemed a little lighter green then what I'd seen in pictures. As odd as it seems it seemed closer to the color in the brochure.

18. guyboston

guyboston New Member

I see a silver one on Rt. 24 in Massachusetts on my way to classes. Sadly I am usually driving above optimal speed because I have a tight time window between work and school - the driver of this car stays in the right lane and drives conservatively - he probably gets great milage!

One of the professors at the RWU school of law in Rhode Island has an '03 - it is very interesting to see the improvements in body/style between that one and my 05.

19. DaveShepherd

DaveShepherd Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Driving out to teach school in Loudoun County, VA, the western suburbs of DC, I probably see about half a dozen a day. (My commute is a little north and west of rflagg. I would agree with his estimate of 5-7 per day.)

This is the ideal car for the suburbs around this area. I am on my fifth tank of gas, and after 120 miles I'm getting 53.x miles a gallon.

I also am frequently approached by interested people in parking lots who want to ask about my Prius.

20. chris

chris New Member

I have seen three this week. In a city of less than 50,000 I thought that was quite a few. I actually live out of a town with only about 150 people,but I found out I have a neighbor who lives less than a mile away who has a Prius. I never knew. I don't think I had ever seen a Prius before I bought mine. One Silver one I've seen twice this week and it has a cord out of the front as if It has a headbolt heater, however I am told here that they don't need one. Next time I see this car I am going to leave a note and ask what the cord is.