1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How many Prius do you see daily?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by john1701a, Nov 18, 2004.

1. deedah

deedah New Member

I see about 1 every other day in the Detroit area and a USUAL maximum around 3 or 4 in a day if I'm running errands. I've never seen two at a time (before I bought mine) or three at a time (including mine afterward). One day...

The exception was when I was on US Rte 6 toward Provincetown. It was like a little Prius Parade. I believe I must have seen about 15-20 of them from Orleans out to the end!

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Had a bit of a novel experience here in hillbilly country the other day. At a fairly major intersection by my small town 12k pop. standards there were 3 Prii all first in line at the light going in different directions. I was in the West-bound lane, there was a white in the East-bound lane, and a Driftwood came to a stop in the North-bound lane just before my light changed!

I've gotten used to seeing at least 1 or 2 other Prii daily...but never have I seen more than one other at a stop like this. Even better, both waved back and acknowledged!!

should have bought a lottery ticket.

3. Scott_R

Scott_R Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Oddly enough, I was just going to post about this very thing.

I don't often see many Priuses... sometimes a week or more would go by before seeing a single one. Yet I took my car on its first longish trip (Long Island to northern Jersey) and I just saw one after another... about a half dozen in the relatively small stretch from the Cross Island Expressway to just off the George Washington Bridge. AFAIK, there was no connection among them.

4. Sarge

Sarge Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE Premium
    Canada still trails behind the US (by far) when it comes to hybrids, though I am seeing more Prius now, generally one every other day throughout my long commute (~75 miles roundtrip).

On Friday, I made a point of looking for them and counting, and I actually spotted 5 of them in one day, which is a record for me. Of course, I drive the 16-lane Highway 401 everyday here in Toronto, and I am sure that I pass many more in the other direction that I can't spot while I focus on driving. ;) Have only had 3 waves so far, in just under 4 months of ownership.

Kevin

5. bhaynnes

bhaynnes Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    They are everywhere here in the San Francisco Bay area.

6. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bhaynnes @ Aug 21 2006, 02:47 PM) [snapback]306899[/snapback]</div>
    I think we're going to start having to ban anyone from California or Florida from posting in this thread any more since they're so ubiquitous.

Us country folk, where the Pick-up and SUV reign supreme, still are a bit of a novelty when we drive around in our 'lectric cars.

7. JackDodge

JackDodge Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(deedah @ Aug 21 2006, 10:12 AM) [snapback]306665[/snapback]</div>
    It seems as if, lately, I see a couple per day at least. It used to be that I'd see a couple one day and then none for days or even weeks and then I'd see a couple more. As I drove through tony Birmingham, MI last Monday, I saw about a half dozen within five minutes. Birmingham is a very upscale community and it has many residents who have to have the latest "it" car. When the H2 came out, I saw them all over that city and now it seems as if they got rid of their H2s and bought a Prius. I got passed this morning by a black Prius that I'd seen in the service bay at my dealership months ago. I recognized the plate. It's great to see so many Prii in this area. Even though the price of gasoline has dipped to $2.92 per gallon, it's still THE car to drive and more and more people are tossing their allegiance to the GM/Ford/Chrysler triumvirate and buying what they want.

8. xbdude

xbdude opticat

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Small town here. One always (a neighbor), but perhaps another one or two in passing.

9. Mary Snyder

Mary Snyder New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jaguaraja @ Nov 19 2004, 11:26 AM) [snapback]51545[/snapback]</div>
    Iaquaraja, are you using the camera to back up or are you looking at the back window? Do you have a good view in the back? Would love to know the details.
    Mary

10. tmgrl3

tmgrl3 Member

Here on Long Island, since April, when I paid my down payment....I have seen one in a parking lot, two on the road...and THAT'S IT!

I get lots of questions about the car!

terri

11. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    From what I read here, Prii seem to be far more popular on the West Coast, Canada and US included. Soon, I'm going to start counting taxis that *aren't* <strike>Prii</strike> <strike>Priusses</strike> PriusTaxis!

12. jiw395

jiw395 New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I've seen a few lately, but most oddly there the same color as mine, which is Barcelona red, kinda make me wish I had a different color now.

13. New Revelation

New Revelation The Master Captain

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I saw a few today myself while on the highway, saw a grey one, then on my way home from work saw a black one and a nice red one. Telling you, it's frustrating to see these vehicles taunting me when I am not able to get one yet....can be quite frustrating indeed.

14. bhaynnes

bhaynnes Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(john1701a @ Nov 18 2004, 09:18 PM) [snapback]51470[/snapback]</div>
    I see dozens at work every day.

15. duanelaugh

duanelaugh New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    We see about one per week here near Sarasota. Seems that the Toyota adds a substantial surcharge to the Prius. Maybe they are not selling as well as near most cities

16. barbaram

barbaram Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Drove to AC for work yesterday- saw 1 on the garden state parkway (ny plates).
    saw a silver one today on route one- like a silver bullet!

when I exited the highway, waiting at the light, I heard the familiar hum next to me... looked over to see a Highlander hybrid- first one of those that I've seen!

17. eclectcmoi

eclectcmoi Muffinologist

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    There are 28 here in the parking lot at work right now. Yes... I went out and counted them because I was curious. I work in Torrance, CA in the same building that houses Toyota Headquarters. They're so common here that my co-workers didn't even want to come out to see Trixie when I first got her. I've never even gotten a Prius nod or wave from other Prius drivers. Sniff... :(

18. Proco

Proco Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Besides me, there are at least 2 others where I work. There was a day this Summer when all 3 of us were all parked near each other.

19. Michgal007

Michgal007 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(john1701a @ Nov 19 2004, 12:18 AM) [snapback]51470[/snapback]</div>
    I live in Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA, which is a small university city of 110,000 people. But, the Ann Arbor Toyota dealer is the #2 Prius dealer in USA. They are not even #2 Toyota dealer in Michigan!! I see 2-5 Priuses if I go out. I've seen them in all '06 colors. I think black is the sexiest :p

20. harper42

harper42 Member

I'm in small town Indiana, and I occasionally see one or two in a day's time.... then it might be a week or so before I see another. Sure are a lot of people checkin' out my Prius though!