1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How Many Prius's In Your Workplace Parking Lot? (inc. yours)

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Mystery Squid, Jun 9, 2005.

?
  1. You've got to be kidding me...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. I have the ONLY ONE!

33.3%
  3. 2-4

33.3%
  4. 5-8 (if you select this option, where the heck are you?)

33.3%
  1. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    We now have over 10 G2 regulars in the Doc's lot at the hospital. It has gone to the TNTC (too numerous to count) level. Some show up daily others less often. One morning I parked my car in a mainly empty lot and there were three identical silver Prii in a row when I came out to go to the office. I have to look carefully before I go up to the car. I check the dealer label on the back as I got my car in Montana. We also with the recent addition of a salsa have every color with repeats on white and silver. There are also 2 G1. My clinic now has 6 regulars mostly nursing staff and one of the G1. I am happy to say that the Prius is the new "in" car and the SUVs are disappearing!

2. tmorrowus

tmorrowus Member

I would estimate there are 50 or more Priuses that park at my high tech headquarters company in the SF Bay Area. I'd estimate one out of every 100 or so cars is a Prius. Enough that I've had multiple experiences with pulling the handle of another Silver Prius before realizing it's not mine.

I'd like to find some way to subtly visually distinguish my Prius... I was thinking about painting the antenna tip some color.

3. NuShrike

NuShrike Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Well, a few months later at the WDIG North Hollywood office I have to add a G1, Tideland, Salsa, and I think there's a few more I'm just blurring over now. So that's at least > 7 at this off-campus branch. Still got the only seaside, and tinted windows.

4. MNPrius

MNPrius New Member

I take the bus - and drive my old car to the park-n-ride. Dear husband takes the Prius - only car in that lot. Had 1 other at church, had to park right next to it! I think my car liked that car - looked like a pkg 6 ;)

5. Lola'05

Lola'05 New Member

Lola has been the only Prius in our lot since July. Last week I spotted another one. Pretty large parking area- 3 good sized lots.

6. HokieHybrid

HokieHybrid New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I counted 10 on Tuesday....and pretty much stopped counting. Welcome to the land of using the HOV lanes....and an office full of engineers.

7. jimgraffam

jimgraffam New Member

I work at the old Wang building in Lowell, MA. I've counted one classic and two newbies (including mine). But... I recently saw one near home. Aside from that, I don't run into too many.

8. skcskcskc

skcskcskc New Member

I have noticed at least 5 or 6 at the Oak Ridge National Laboratory (>4000 employess) in Oak Ridge, TN. Many employees are engineers and scientists, and most all employees are more concerned about energy and pollution than the average American worker. I'm on a list to receive one (Silver, package #4) in the first half of 2006. I can't wait!

Steve

9. Salsawonder

Salsawonder New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I work in a small social services company so I am the only one there but anytime we go anywhere together everyone always wants to go in the Prius.
    In La Mesa you can barely drive anywhere without running into one or two during errands. I have come out of the Grossmont 24 hour Fitness and the Linens and Things and had to check the plates to make sure that I was getting into the right Salsa Wonder!!

10. nottagasguzzler

nottagasguzzler New Member

The City of Seattle has twenty or so for daily check out and many assigned to individuals. After driving the work Prius its so nice to drive mine knowing I don't have to take it back at the end of the day! I hear that even though Toyota is limiting fleet sales, Seattle will be adding some 06's in the next year.

For awhile we had a Ford electric pickup to test drive but the batteries kept loosing their charge. The best was the electric Toyota Rav which would make a nice hybrid.

11. pfile

pfile Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    does anyone here work at hyperion in santa clara? we heard a rumor that they were giving their employees $$ to buy a hybrid vehicle.

12. Astrotoy7

Astrotoy7 New Member

Im very proudly the only prius owner in at my workplace :) I am getting a heck of alot of questions about it though.... many seem interested in hybrids as a general rule.

In the area I live in, I have only ever seen 2 other prii.... I have a sense that things are about to change in a dramatic way down here in Australia though, mirroring what is happenning in the US with regards to popularity and demand...

13. vortx21

vortx21 New Member

We need some higher number options for this poll - mine next month will be the 15th Prius out of 45 cars in the lot (plus, two besides me are getting one in Jan).

-Carl

14. CedricMordrin

CedricMordrin New Member

In my imediate lot there are two, mine and the co-worker who inspired me to get one. But at my place of work (University), I've seen at least 6-8 different ones. There is one or two civic hybrids also...

15. tripp

tripp Which it's a 'ybrid, ain't it?

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I'm the only one, but then again I work out of my biz partner's basement so the "parking lot" is his drive way. :lol: So you could say that 50% of the cars in the parking lot are hybrids! There are 3 Prii (including mine) on the street where I live, however.

16. Wynder

Wynder New Member

I'm a software/database developer at a local college here in Delaware -- my boss was on the waiting list at one point, but the dealer started jerking him around by dropping hints that people are starting to pay $1000 over MSRP to get one... At that point he pulled the deposit on his '05.

I'll have the only Prius I've seen at any of our 4 campuses, and he'll be bloody jealous. :lol: Hope he doesn't sack me!!

17. maggieddd

maggieddd Senior Member

Carl, do you mind telling us where you work as I am so surprised by the number of Priuses at your workplace. I would think it would be hard to spot one in VT, I would expect trucks mostly. I can't even see 15 in a month here in MA and RI. Sometimes I'll go for the whole week without seeing one.

18. vortx21

vortx21 New Member

I work at NRG Systems (www.nrgsystems.com). We're in the wind power sector so everyone here is pretty environmentally conscious. Plus, the company will pay a $1000 / yr benefit for owning a Prius, PV or wind system, solar hot water etc.

The Burlington area is pretty Prius-intense anyway. I usually pass one or two on my daily commute. Vermont isn't all windy dirt roads to the top of the mountain pass :)

-Carl

19. maggieddd

maggieddd Senior Member

that expalins it all

20. roach52osu

roach52osu New Member

Yesterday I looke dout the window at work at all the cars and noticed we were up to about 5 Prii (2 white,1 silver,1 black, 1 salsa) up from two just 3 months ago. Not the trend I would expect at a midwest regional bank. On a more impressive note the first row in my apartment complex out of about 50 spaces now has 2 Prii and once I get mine it will be 3 again not what I expected here. I do know everytime I have purchased a new car or started looking for a new one I start seeing them everywhere I thought this would be different with the Prius with the limited availability but there still seem to be quite a few around in the last few months.