1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How much can i get for mine?

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by lukeinla, Jan 14, 2013.

1. lukeinla

lukeinla New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    One
    Hi all, thanks for all the helpful posts over the last year, i am unfortunately going to be selling my Prius which has brought me a lot of comfort and joy over the last year and i was hoping for some help trying to figure out what i should be asking for it?

Its a 2008 base model, I added a Pioneer Z180BT which has DVD player, Bluetooth address book/calls. Maps, Memory Card reader for music or films and of course Radio, Pandora, Satelite Radio and Rear View Camera

The car has 41k miles, its a beautiful metallic blue.. very good condition except a dent in the rear bumper that i put on in the first few weeks of driving. Just had oil change and is registered..

The prices i see online vary and I would like to know what i should expect to get for this car...

Thanks in advance...

Luke

2. mikefocke

mikefocke Prius v Three 2012, Avalon 2011

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    Condition, location, maintenance records, season, etc all matter. Don't expect to get much at all for add-ons and it may even put off some people thinking it could be a maintenance challenge.

KBB.com and edmunds.com and your local craigslist should give you a hint. But that bumper ding is gonna cost you in time to sell if you don't have at least an estimate done already. Top dollar goes to the car that needs nothing.

3. Neohybrid

Neohybrid Not-so-junior member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Not sure about the west coast, but it seems the value of the used ones increase with the price of gas - especially the ones sitting on the dealer lots.

Too bad you are so far away. I originally ordered the metallic blue in 08, but ended up with Barcelona red (pic). As you can see both of mine are red - still wouldn't mind having another one in blue.