1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How much for tint?

Discussion in 'Prius c Accessories and Modifications' started by Surrylic, Jun 16, 2012.

1. smackdownC

smackdownC Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I called up about 5 shops within an hour drive. 3 of them wanted btw $200-$230. That's way too much. I had a 4 door sedan done for $130 + tax. Called them up, they raised the price to $150 + tax. Called up local shop that did my M and SRT10, they quoted $210, which is $20 more than a SUV. No discount for 3x repeat customer, so F them. Called another place, they are $160 with tax. Looks like I'll be calling them up tomorrow to see if they'll do $150 with tax. $10 savings should more than cover gas and lunch.

2. Captain Lucian Chiroptera

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    I've got a friend of a friend that professionally does tinting, from a Toyota Club I'm part of, that does tinting, I'm planning on talking to them when/if I have the play money to get said tint...

3. PriusC_Commuter

PriusC_Commuter Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I wish California had legal tint limits. Any tint on front windows or windshield is technically illegal unfortunately, but it really depends on how unlucky you are if you get pulled over for it. Still stock on both my Prius's. Even if it was legal I don't know how much I would want to tint it.

4. astricklin

astricklin New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I paid $0. Most dealers in North Texas tint all their cars along with other dealer add on. I paid less than msrp, and much less than their asking price with all the dealer add on.

5. Goin2drt

Goin2drt Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    You will get prices all over the board and you will get quality all over the board.

For the entire Prius, good quality tint, done by a professional that that's all they do is tint $200.

You can pay less. All depends on what you want. The price will fluctuate up and down based on the quality of tint as well as quality. My car you couldn't even tell the car was tinted. Tinted all the way to the edges, the black "waffle" covers have zero air in them.

Many folks do tint, I can do tint and buy it from Pep Boys. To do it well AND make it stay looking nice will cost a few bucks.

quantumy likes this.
  6. matt b.

matt b. Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    it really depends where you have it done if it's in an area that is not so nice it will be cheaper, I paid 140 all the way around,not so nice of an area but,shop around though.