1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How much is a garage worth?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by markabele, Sep 13, 2012.

1. WE0H

WE0H Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Exactly. My car was $38k out the door. I would never think of putting it thru salt, sand & rocks flying at it for 7 months :( Now my plastic bodied $7k out the door SUV can take the lickin :) I'd consider driving a used 2nd Gen or a low cost used 3rd Gen if I had to watch my gas money & sell my SUV. A Camry would be nice too :D

Mike

2. markabele

markabele owner of PiP, then Leaf, then Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    Well to be honest I don't think owning a 7k car for that purpose makes much sense. I was more thinking of the guy that had a $600 car.

3. WE0H

WE0H Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Around here a $600 vehicle would be standing in line at the crusher. Even a thousand dollar beater around here is something not to be relied upon in the cold weather. $2k will get a dirty stinky rusty beater that is good for a year or two. My SUV does double duty as a second summer vehicle as I don't drive my Prius in the rain or places where there is a potential for it getting dinged/damaged. It's a pavement/garage queen :) Back in high school I had a '70 C10 three in the tree 350 that I bought for 75 bucks and drove it a couple years. That was fun on the dirt roads :) The old Matador I paid 50 bucks for and drove it a couple winters I believe and later sold it for 60 bucks to the scrap yard after doing a bunch of reverse burn outs in downtown Minneapolis after all the forward gears didn't work. A buddy pushed me into the scrap yard with his Impala :) BTW, I'm heading to Grand Island later this week. Don't know where your at down there.

Mike

4. markabele

markabele owner of PiP, then Leaf, then Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm in Lincoln. Get a Runza (fast food) while you're there!

WE0H likes this.
  5. WE0H

WE0H Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I'll check that out. I'll be heading down I80 to Hastings on Thursday and leaving town Friday later morning. I'll be cruisin in the Swagger Wagon :)

Mike

6. WE0H

WE0H Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Runza® | Menu

Looks yummy and they are all over the area down there. The wife & I will be down there Thursday as soon as 3pm or so and into Friday a bit. We will for sure plan a visit for dinner or lunch or both :) Need to find some good pickin places too to fill up the Swagger [​IMG]

Mike

7. Corwyn

Corwyn Energy Curmudgeon

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    If you can buy a car for $600 that will suffice for winter. Buy it. Sell any other cars you own. This is as cheap as you can possibly get. Just drive it in the summer too. That is what I am saying. You can't cause more damage winter driving than the car is actually worth.

8. ALS

ALS Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Well in my neighborhood a second garage is worth an extra $25K on the price of a home. Me, I would defiantly pay more for a garaged vehicle over a non.

WE0H likes this.