1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How much longer will my T-Batt last?

Discussion in 'Generation 1 Prius Discussion' started by Johnmo, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Johnmo

Johnmo Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2003 Prius
    Model:
    I
    Slowly over the last 6 months my Battery has been getting worse. This week it has gotten much worse as I can hardly go up a hill 500 feet without discharging completely, though it charges back up in a minute. Here's the weird thing, although the Gas engine is running all the time, my MPH has not taken much of a hit and the car has always started fine. I will be in a position to buy a batt in the next two weeks, just wondering if I should plan on being stranded?

So will it just stop working or just start running solely on the Gas engine?

2. usnavystgc

usnavystgc Die Hard DIYer and Ebike enthusiast.

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    It could do either. There are no guarantees. I would plan on being stranded (plan for the worst case). It will eventually stop working and will not run solely on the gas engine.

3. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    If you have $150, you could go to a Toyota service center and have them read out the traction battery metrics.

If you have $150 and can send a cell phone text, you could get a ScanGauge II and enter the XGAUGE definitions to read out the battery metrics.

Welcome to the forum but it would help if you could update your profile with some regional or City information. There are some independent Prius shops around that might give you a more cost-effective, diagnostic scan of your Prius.

Bob Wilson

scotman27 likes this.