1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How much to offer for used 2009

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by z16marine, Sep 6, 2009.

1. z16marine

z16marine Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Found a used 2009 on a dealers lot with 2000 miles. Looks like it is a base, not too many options.

Dealer is asking $22,881 which seems pretty high. KBB and NADA seem to not help and be inflated...

With $1500 incentive on an 09 (if you can find one)...how low should I expect to be able to go...

2. smartalec89

smartalec89 The Official Alaskan

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Can you give us some of the features it does have (backup camera, navi, fog lights, bt, smart key etc...)?

3. z16marine

z16marine Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I am going to have to find out tomorrow from the dealer, the ad does not say much. But from the pictures, it looks like it is a lower package number (no leather, etc)...

4. z16marine

z16marine Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
  5. bloomiboy

bloomiboy Prius Lover

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    That's a bit on the higher side for a base model. The VIN does not have any information about the options (you can take a look at the CarFax, for e.g.). The link does have options though...and I would guess it's somewhere in the mid-number ranger (range being 1-6) or lower.

My 2 cents: Try looking around for private party sales that have similar features and you can save a ton. Of course, I can argure both ways for the pros and cons...but ultimately you need to get the peace of sleep at night. :rolleyes:

6. blippo

blippo New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Dealer told me that can give me $19800 on a trade with my 2009 package II

7. z16marine

z16marine Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Wow! That is really strong for a trade in. I found a 2010 II for MSRP of 23800 minus 575 which I think is pretty good. But am shopping 2009s to see if I can get a better deal.....

8. Shapechanger

Shapechanger New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    In Feb of 09 I bought a SilverPineMica 08 pkg 6 Touring with 2450 miles for 23000, included an extra set of aluminum wheels. (Originally purchased July 08).

I found it on craigslist. It was a 1-liner ALL CAPS ad with no photos, and did not say much about the car. Turns out the seller was not ignorant, he was 88 and learning to use the web, and did not have good enough eyesight to read the reflective gauges (or read what he was writing without all caps).

I think they are asking way too much.