1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How much will it cost to replace traction battery ?

Discussion in 'Prius c Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Manura, Feb 15, 2015.

1. Manura

Manura Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Aqua
    Model:
    N/A
    I know that prius c is still in its early stages, but anyone knows what is the cost for replacement of Prius C battery. Because in my part of the world (Sri Lanka) many people do not buy hybrids in fear of heavy cost of replacing the battery. I know that battery can be replaced cheaply using salvaged cars. But i need to know the price of the Genuine Prius C battery from Toyota.

Thanks

2. GrumpyCabbie

GrumpyCabbie Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    As nobody has responded I thought I would.

I don't own a C and the C/Aqua isn't sold in the UK as we have the locally made Yaris Hybrid.

But Toyota UK indicate on their website that replacement cost of the traction battery starts at £800 which isn't that bad. I guess it gives you a ballpark figure. I'm guessing if you add shipping and labour costs to get a better guess. We now have quite a comprehensive HV battery warranty here, running upto 10 years/unlimited mileage, so it's unlikely most people will need concern themselves with replacement costs. This link confirms the UK costings;

Hybrid Cars FAQ | Frequently Asked Questions | Toyota UK

"It is extremely unlikely that a battery will need replacing. In the unlikely event that the hybrid battery does need to be replaced and the warranty has expired, the cost is approximately £800. An annual Hybrid Health Check at a Toyota Dealer is the best way to ensure you are safeguarding the health of your vehicle for years to come."

Hope that puts your mind at rest. (y)

minkus and telmo744 like this.