1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How much you paid for your Prius??

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by Prius07Pkg4, Nov 18, 2006.

1. Prius07Pkg4

Prius07Pkg4 New Member

I just bought a Silver 2007 Prius Package 4 for $26,500.00 under MSRP $2,000.00 in San Jose, California (11/05/2006 no waiting list).

Out of The Door is exactlty $26,500.00 (Included 8.25% Tax, license etc..}.

Price: $24,198.19
    Doc Fee: $ 45.00
    Sale Tax %8.25: $2000.06
    Electronic Filing fee (DMV): $28.00
    License fees: $157.00
    Can't see on copy (estimate): $xx.xx

Total out of door: $26,500.00

Considering with tax rebate $1,575.00 then my car cost is $24,925.00 (S U C K!! I am wrong. I don't get a cent after filing tax!).

I am very happy with the price however, if compare with the Camry Hybrid, this Prirus is over price (I heard the Camry you can get with little bit lower than Invoice price, beside Camry has a good package for a lot cheaper).

I want the Prius because it's eligible for HOV sticker while the Camry is not.

To Find MSRP and INVOICE Price and options packages, use the web site below:

CLICK HERE for New 2007 and 2008 Prius Price

Thanks

2. wanmichael

wanmichael New Member

Wow. Which dealer? How in the world did you get that price?

3. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    To those who keep looking for a deal: Keep looking for a deal! We bought our '04 in November '04 with 10,500K miles on it from a seller who was "anxious" to sell. $18,000 delivered ... plus $1,400 tax & license. That was with all the bells & whistles. Why buy new? If folks want to go back to gas guzzlers, that may leave an inventory of low mileage used ones that (even though you don't get a tax credit) are a bargain.

4. Prius07Pkg4

Prius07Pkg4 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SodaGuy @ Nov 18 2006, 09:28 PM) [snapback]351599[/snapback]</div>
    It's Piercey Toyota in San Jose. Since you know the price, I think you can get same or better deal almost any dealer in Bay Area.

5. Prius07Pkg4

Prius07Pkg4 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hill @ Nov 18 2006, 09:51 PM) [snapback]351606[/snapback]</div>
    You are lucky. I tried to buy a used one but the price is too high for 2006, only $2000.00 less than new 2007 with HOV sticker and $4,000.00 without HOV sticker (about 15K Mile), then I asked myself why buy used beside no Tax credit??

1 person likes this.
  6. fathale

fathale Throbbing member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    On Monday 11/13 I paid $29407 ($32028 including T&L) for a package 6 Touring edition. $207 below sticker. I dont know really if that is good. I didnt do a lot of pricing. I heard they werent dealing so I felt good about getting away below sticker.

7. wanmichael

wanmichael New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Prius07Pkg4 @ Nov 18 2006, 10:08 PM) [snapback]351609[/snapback]</div>
    Did you use the Internet Sales Manager, or did you walk-in to negotiate? Or did you have to negotiate at all?

8. MarkusMann

MarkusMann Junior Member

I purchased a new 2007 Package 6 yesterday in Valencia, CA. I did the internet thing through edmunds.com and this was the only dealer that was straight up right away. So I made the trip there and bought mine for MSRP. They had a few Prius' on the lot (it's a big dealer). They made money off of my trade in for sure (sigh). A friend told me to talk to the fleet manager diredctly, but that's not how it worked with this dealer as they have a dedicated internet department. I am happy with the purchase.

9. Prius07Pkg4

Prius07Pkg4 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SodaGuy @ Nov 18 2006, 11:53 PM) [snapback]351629[/snapback]</div>
    At the begining, I have few quotes over the Internet and with Costco with different zipcode to get more dealers. When you know some base price you can go from there for your negotiantion. The Best way is to go to the forums read and ask, also read the new car review from Yahoo, Edmunds etc.. users (sometime they post the price, that is why I know with the Camry you might get invoice or lower than invoice price).

To get the better price you have to negotiate. Also, alot of dealers, just a phone call to see if they have in stock and price that they want to sell.

But again it's all about Timming then supply and demand...You should be happy to get the best price at that time, tomorrow might change alot.

By the time I bought mine there are more than 10 in the lot also many others dealer have them in stock in my area.

10. ovni

ovni Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I bought a used 2005 fully loaded w/ 30k miles. Outstanding condition for $21k :D It came with carpool lane decals.

11. jendbbay

jendbbay Member

On October 22, 2006 we bought a 2007 Touring Package #3 for 450 under MSRP. It was analagous in difficulty to getting 2 or 3 grand off of our last two cars, 1998 and a 1988 Honda Accords. My husband was so frustrated at working that hard to save a measly 450.00 bucks. I knew it was going to change and change quickly, because there were clearly cars on the ground at the dealerships for the first time. We should have waited another couple of weeks to get 2 grand off! I'm sad about this.

We were actually out of cars though. My husband drives up to 120 miles some days and had to have something to drive. Oh well.

We paid a total of 28000 out the door.

By the way, we love the car, do not notice rattling in the dash, at least not yet, are getting between 45 and 50 MPG so far, and love the features, such as blue tooth, and the door locking/unlocking technology.

I also like filling it up once a week with under 8 gallons of gas.

For us, Hondas were no longer an option. My son is 13, but is 5 feet 10 inches and had no headroom in the hybrid civic or the Honda Accord when sitting in the backseat. We wanted to take a few more family vacations before he takes off for school in a few years. The headroom in the Prius is better than any of the other cars. Moreover, we were horrified that the MPG for the Honda Accord has dropped from 33 to 23! You have to get a V6 to get hybrid, and then MPG is back to 33 again! What kind of nonsense is that? Moreover, we had the catalytic converter/OBCII system from hell in our 98 Honda. We are hoping Toyota is more reliable.

1 person likes this.
  12. PriusRos

PriusRos A Fairly Senior Member - 2016 Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jendbbay @ Nov 19 2006, 01:13 PM) [snapback]351733[/snapback]</div>
    Congratulations on your new Prius. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

What did you mean by the Honda Accord dropped from 33 to 23?? Do you mean, the EPA estimates for the new Accord dropped that much from the old one? Are these city, highway, combined, or actuals?

13. wanmichael

wanmichael New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Prius07Pkg4 @ Nov 19 2006, 09:42 AM) [snapback]351721[/snapback]</div>
    Those sales must be cooling down. I can attest to the legitimacy of your price; I just e-mailed their Internet Sales Manager and received the same price as you.

14. vfr00

vfr00 New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Congratulations on your new Prius! We got ours on 11/6 and were able to talk the dealer down $850 off a 2007 Magnetic Gray #2, which wasn't too bad considering the options package was the next step up from base. No waiting either. Out the door, we paid $25,529.00. The dealer is City Toyota in Daly City and it looks like they still have a few Prii sitting on their lot, in case anybody is interested. They might be willing to deal, if these are the same cars we saw when we bought ours 2 weeks ago. We got ours through the internet manager, Cindy Lee. She seemed receptive to offers so it might be worth your while.

15. wanmichael

wanmichael New Member

Btw- Roseville Toyota in Roseville has a 07 Prius w/Pkg 5 advertised for $25k...one only. That's a bit below invoice. Probably gone by now though.

16. dzekanovic

dzekanovic New Member

Good Day Prius Owners.

I just got my New 2007 Prius :D yesterday at Camelback Toyota in Phoenix Az. I got sweet deal $1230 below MSRP. Basic package, total out the door price $24,866. If anyone is interested just ask for guy Travis in fleet department, great person.

Good luck :)

17. Prius07Pkg4

Prius07Pkg4 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SodaGuy @ Nov 19 2006, 12:46 PM) [snapback]351774[/snapback]</div>
    Since you have the quote with that price, I think you can get better by shopping around.

18. scoot

scoot Member

We purchased our Pkg 5 2007 Prius on 11/25/06 at Longo Toyota in El Monte CA. (Los Angeles for those of you out of area). We paid $1000 under MSRP. I had driven a Prius once at the local (Pasadena) dealer and asked her if the cars were above, below, or at MSRP and she said that they were always at MSRP and that they would be having a wait list again in January. I didn't particularly believe that. Since the car is really for my domestic partner, I had to take him in to drive the Prius, which I did on Saturday. He liked it better than the other cars we were considering. So I went home and called one dealer that had a loss leader advertised in the paper -- it indicated that it had a 6 CD changer and self-dimming mirror, so I figured out what package it was and it sounded like a great price. When I called that dealer the sales associate told me that it was the base model that had the CD changer and dimming homelink mirror added. That made the price a little over MSRP so I told her that I had found better deals and wasn't interested.

I kind of figured that if I called the GIGANTIC dealership that they would have the most inventory and the best deal, so I called Longo and asked for the sales manager on the phone and told him that I could drive over today and pay cash for a car today and I wanted to know how much under MSRP he was offering so I would know whether or not it was worth my time to come in. He said between $500 and $1000 depending on car/package and wanted to have a salesman call me back. The salesman called me back and I told him I wanted a blue Prius package 5. He called me back and said $1000 under MSRP. So we drove over and bought it and drove it home.

The dealer (Longo) was fairly professional about everything but it was like being in an airport -- the place is huge. It has it's own starbucks. I didn't like that part of it. Also, there were so many people there sitting at public tables being "negotiated" by salespeople. The worst part of it was waiting literally for an hour after writing the check for the person in the "finance" department to be ready to process the paperwork, which took less than 10 minutes.

My advice to car buyers:

1. Read the forum to see what kind of deals other people are getting.
    2. Pick out the kind of car (model, trim level, options, color preferences) prior to the time than you are going to make the purchase
    3. Give the dealer who provided the test drive, etc the first opportunity to make you the best offer for you to purchase the car
    4. Shop on the phone. Determine a price prior to going in to the dealership.
    5. Have your financing decided prior to going into the dealership.

Or, if you are going for loss leader cars (not really applicable to the Prius at this time)

1. Buy the newspaper on Thursday morning, that's when many dealers start their weekend ads.
    2. Know a fantastic price when you see it. (i.e., do your homework in advance -- some loss leaders are not really good deals at all)
    3. When you see it, go buy it. If it's a really good price the car will be sold by Friday or Saturday.

It's gotten a lot easier since the internet and forums became available to people. Changes the way the car business works...

19. staze

staze Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    I paid about $29100 back in September for a 2007 Touring Pkg. 6, leather interior. Supposedly about $500 off MSRP. I didn't have to negotiate. I used their Internet dealer.

I still don't have it... :angry: They gave it away to another dealer while my sales guy and the allocation manager were on Vacation!!!! Interesting that you got one below MSRP in the bay area as when they were trying to find me a replacement, they were told by the dealer in the south bay that the area was still backordered and they would not give up ANY for ANY reason. grrr...

Sucky thing is, I can't do anything about the issue because if I take my deposit and go somewhere else, I'm right back at the bottom of the list.

I'm supposedly on the top of the NW Regional list to get one off the next boat if one is on there.

Enjoy your Prius! I hopefully will have mine in a week or two.... assuming one is on the boat. At this point, I just want it before the end of the year so I can get the tax credit now rather than at the end of 08.

20. eleben

eleben Junior Member

Just purchased a 2005 Toyota Prius with 24,500 miles. Package #6 (NAV, JBL sound, etc.) everything but leather. Found a private party in the local newspaper with a price of $19,900 and I was able to get the price down to $19,600.

Also included was floor mats and a set of 4 Michelin Alpine winter tires (unmounted).

I didn't think that was too bad of a price! :)