1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How much you paid for your Prius??

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by Prius07Pkg4, Nov 18, 2006.

1. FloridaWen

FloridaWen New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Yesterday, May 18, 2007, we took delivery of our brand new 2007 PRIUS TOURING w/PACKAGE 5 for $25,000 plus a "Dealer Admin Fee" (vehicle prep. plus documentation fees) of $589 which totals $25,589 plus tax and registration. Because we had a 2003 Acura MDX trade-in (we got well over black book value and a little under blue book value) we "saved" over $1,500 in taxes. The actual tax (state plus local) we ended up paying was around $445. The exact Prius we wanted was NOT on their lot or in any other dealership in the state, but luckily it was "on-the-ship" heading towards port (Jacksonville, Florida) so we didn't have a great amount of "bargaining power" because we were set on Silver Pine Mica with gray interior, a combination that is just not that easy to get here in S.E.T. (South East Toyota) area !! Luckily our dealer (in Tampa) was able to not only "secure" that exact vehicle coming into port, but also ELIMINATE THAT $699 ToyoGuard, which we definitely did NOT want !! Believe it or not the ToyoGuard OPTION is put on at port and down here (S.E.T.) it is put onto OVER 99% of the Toyotas !! :D

2. politemusic

politemusic New Member

Just paid $21,300 for a 2007 Package #2 Magnetic Gray. Had a fast, easy, transaction at Toyota of Hollywood. They seem to be willing to match any other quotes, and they had THREE of what I wanted in stock.

I love this car.

3. FloridaWen

FloridaWen New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(politemusic @ May 19 2007, 05:40 PM) [snapback]445815[/snapback]</div>
    Good luck with your new Prius....... I assume it is a "non" Touring model. Seems that the S.E.T. (South East Toyota) Dealers are selling 4 NON-Tourings to every 1 Touring. We wanted a Prius TOURING so we had a little searching and a little bit of a wait. There were NONE in stock, anywhere in Florida in the color (SPM) and package (#5 gray) we wanted.
    I was very familiar with the Hollywood, Dania, Ft. Lauderdale, Plantation area from frequently visiting several relatives there about 20 through 10 years ago. Unfortunately haven't been there since. I bet a lot has changed. Almost bought my 1990 Honda Accord EX Coupe from "Honda of Hollywood". Ended up buying it back in Connecticut.
    Just a curious question..... did you get "hit" with the $699 TOYOGUARD PACKAGE ??
    Also, did you get any, outrageous "Dealer Admin. Fees" of around $589 as I did here in Tampa ??

4. mwh_dev

mwh_dev New Member

Hello All,

I am new to this great community! I got a awesome deal, $3k off of MSRP or $20,567 for a Magnetic Gray 2007 package #2. All non-touring are on sale this weekend @ $3k off of MSRP. So if you are in San Diego check out Kerney Mesa Toyota. I called around to other dealers and no one would match the price.

Drew

5. MGM

MGM New Member

Got my Seaside 07 Touring Package 6 (NAV & Leather) in 2/07 for:

Car: 27,188 (at dealer invoice cost)
    Doc Fee: 55
    Tax: 2111
    License: 176
    Reg: 42
    CA Tire Fee: 9

Total: 29,581

6. busterkw

busterkw New Member

Just joined the club. 2007 Prius (non touring) package #5 for $23,988, out the door about $26.2K. Looking forward to saving a ton on gas...

7. greentea39

greentea39 New Member

8. gottagetone

gottagetone Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(politemusic @ May 19 2007, 02:40 PM) [snapback]445815[/snapback]</div>
    You got a really good deal. I had mine as low as 21,600 but got greedy and jumped to a package #5 and I love it!

9. politemusic

politemusic New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(FloridaWen @ May 19 2007, 03:05 PM) [snapback]445825[/snapback]</div>
    Yes, my Prius is the non-Touring model. I didn't get hit with anything from the dealer except the option to purchase a service plan. No dealer admin fees, no extended warranty. And by the way, I'm in Hollywood, California.

10. FloridaWen

FloridaWen New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(politemusic @ May 20 2007, 05:05 AM) [snapback]446035[/snapback]</div>
    :unsure: Sorry about the HOLLYWOOD mix-up !! It's really funny..... 20 years ago "I" first heard Hollywood and naturally thought of California. After over 20 years of visiting Florida, which 7 of those we actually live in Florida (moved from Connecticut in 2000) I am so "brainwashed" and "conditioned" NOW, that I associate Hollywood with the city on the East Coast of Florida (we actually live on the West Coast, near Tampa).

Down here in the "South" there is a network of States, 5 I think (FL, GA, NC, SC, AL) that the Toyotas are sold, called SouthEast Toyota (S.E.T.) and the port of entry is Jacksonville, Florida. This "port" is not just where the vehicles arrive, but also where they are "pre-prepped", window stickers are printed and applied, and all the "options" are added, even cloth interiors can be changed to leather, etc. ONE of the very popular options (I think a real "gimmick") is a $699 OPTION (you see it on the windows sticker) called TOYOGUARD PLUS Protection Package !! They put a "paint sealant" on the vehicle as well as quickly spraying the wheel wells with undercoating and spraying a waxey oil on the undercarriage. They also claim a fabric protector is also sprayed into the interior fabric.

I am very fussy about my choice as well as my application of waxes and polishs and rather I "wax" the paint myself... so I opted NOT to get the TOYOGUARD Plus and save $699 !! I think I am one of the UNDER 1% of the S.E.T. vehicle purchasers that DON'T (or "catch" the vehicle in time, BEFORE it hits Port) get hit with this "option" and actually "save" an additional $699 charge.

There is another thread in this PriusChat Forum that talks about "extra" (hidden) DEALER CHARGES, and I don't mean Registration, Title, or Tax, but real "extra" charges that are just "added-on". Here in Florida the last (Acura) Dealer I went to (2003) added on (printed on final form as part of form) charged us $299 for that silly "Dealer Admin. Fee" and this time the Toyota Dealer charged us $589. When I inquired THIS time about it the salesperson told me it was a combination "vehicle prep", "office documentation and filing" and "general non-sales person overhead" FEES !! Hmmmmmmmmm ..................................

11. mwh_dev

mwh_dev New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(carrie @ May 19 2007, 10:44 PM) [snapback]446008[/snapback]</div>
    $22,412.11 OTD

12. Phred

Phred New Member

We just bought our 2007 Barcelona Red package #2 for $20,988. Add on 8.5% CA tax and the various registration/doc fees, we were OTD at $23,000.

The whole experience was fantastic - no muss, no fuss at the dealership (City Toyota in Daly City, CA). B)

13. Winston

Winston Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Black on Black. Package 6, Not Touring. $25,520. Which was $2100 off MSRP. Plus tax and license. No prep fee, or doc fee or anything else.

Just called and asked for the "Internet Sales Department" and got that quote right off the bat. Some other dealers had advertised $2300 off on a couple cars, but this dealer had the color I wanted and is close by. Transaction was smooth.

14. kenji4861

kenji4861 Member

Called around and haggled in the Bay Area, CA yesterday with my gf's brother.

He ended up getting a Prius Package #5 for $24032 + Tax/doc = $26300 OTD at Palo Alto Toyota

Dealers were offering $23999 before tax (Melody Toyota) and Capitol called last second offering $26200 OTD ($23950ish before tax/doc).

Good luck to you all!

15. Rae Vynn

Rae Vynn Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    We bought a base model plus a couple of small options (dealer package) with the 100,000 extended (3rd party) warranty for OTD: 26,000.

We did a LOT of shopping around, and most dealers were getting a bit more. We even tried shopping through Costco, and didn't get this good of a deal.

16. Harold R

Harold R New Member

17. lowemission

lowemission New Member

2007 Base Prius
    Magnetic Grey
    Package 6
    Carpet Floor Mats
    25,500+tax and tags

18. 007Prius

007Prius New Member

new here, just bought my new 2007 Prius with package #6(Leather and Navigation) Car was shipped from another dealer in FL due to my request on options and colors, paid sticker of $27,640(After factory package discount of $2000) The best part was that my 03 Beetle trade in value(KBB) was $8,400 and the dealer gave me $11,600 for it (Much more than what I expected)

Sun Toyota in New Port Richey, FL

19. 007Prius

007Prius New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(FloridaWen @ May 19 2007, 12:24 PM) [snapback]445717[/snapback]</div>

Seems that silver with package #5 and #6 are hard to get in Florida, my Prius is also silver, has gray leather and navi. Car was hidden in back of lot as it had a deposit on it but nobody came to pick it up, that's the car me and wife fell in love with and dealer said none in that color package were available in southeast area, my local dealer did a trade with Getty Toyota, after a few phone calls the car was ours.

20. kathiag96

kathiag96 New Member

We just placed an order with our dealer here (no one within a 500 mile radius had the exact car I wanted) for an 07 TOURING, Magnetic Gray with Package #6 for $25,634 (MSRP is $27,865) - the only downside is having to wait 6-8 weeks (unless we're REALLY lucky and there is one on the water or something) to get it!

The only negative thing to say about the transaction was the price they're giving us on our trade in. It's about $1200 less than edmunds.com says it should be, but it was still the best price out of the 4 dealers we started negotiations with.