1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How much you paid for your Prius??

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by Prius07Pkg4, Nov 18, 2006.

1. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    There are also factory bonuses if dealers hit factory sales targets. These can be pretty lucrative.

2. NorCal Rusty

NorCal Rusty RatherBWakeboarding

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    In general, I could belive that, but considering the reliability of all newer cars, and toyotas in particular, that surprises me a bit. I guess that's why dealers are pushign 3000 miles oil changes, and $299, 15000 miles "tune-ups" that aren't required in the owner's manual. So bottom line, does that really mean that a car dealer would sell a 25,000+ vehicle for essentially ZERO profit, and hope to make it up with service, extended warranties, etc?
    [​IMG]
    When you figure it out let me know. I can tell you from my experience just last week, dealerships are selling their cars below invoice. I got my Magnetic Gray, fully loaded, leather, touring, for out the door $27,950 give or take a dollar. I had three quotes from dealerships around Napa, Ca for ,what I was told, below invoice. I was told numerous times that a Touring Prius was invoiced at $26,500. I got mine for $25,788 plus tax and tags. No mark ups, no add ons. They did try to sell me stuff at the dealerships like the extended warranty for $2500. I got them down to $1500 on the extended warranty, and then cancelled it almost immediately as this forum states you can get the warranty for under $1K. If you have doubts about my price, then check it out over the web. I bought my car almost entirely over the web. I spent less then an hour at the dealership. Just type in Toyota Prius and then go get a quote. I wanted the Touring, which is package #6 for 2008, no other package, so fully loaded. When asked for zip code type in 94558 (Napa, Ca). Then ask for quotes from dealerships that are close to this zip code. I recieved quotes from Fairfield ($26,001 plus tax and tags), Vallejo ($26,350 plus tax and tags), and Napa (jimmy Vasser $26,110). All below invoice. I tried for a quote where I live which is 200 miles away from these other three dealerships, they wouldn't give me one on the internet(Lithia of Redding,Ca) and told me that invoice was $26,400 and they would have to make some money. I gave all the quotes I recieved to the salesman from these dealerships and Vallejo (Jason Sangmaster) made me an offer, with the car already on the lot, for the winning bid of $25,788. My goal was to get the initial cost for under $26k as the MSRP was $28,400 using the web as a bidding medium. Give it a shot and please let the forum know the results.
    Rusty
    Rusty NorCal in the house!

3. Compdunz

Compdunz Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I have just been offered $21,974 plus tax, a Documentation Fee of $180, and Title and Plate fee. for a 2008 Prius w/ Package 2 and floor mats (Every dealer is trying to throw in mats for $126) at Sunshine Toyota in Battle Creek, Michigan. I believe that works out to be $23,472.44 + Title and plate fee.

Good Deal? or Bad Deal?

Thanks in advance.

Matt

4. nycprius

nycprius New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I just purchased a 2008 black prius package #2 w/ mats for $22000 in NYC. plus tax and $160 reg fee. I'm happy with the price.

5. swamp7

swamp7 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Los Angeles price for option 6

I just bought a magnetic gray package 6 from Marina Del Rey Toyota yesterday, for $26,500. I'm happy with this price - I've seen lower on these forums, but not in the LA area.

I got it through Jerry of the internet sales department - good experience -I recommend him.

Kevin

6. Compdunz

Compdunz Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I just purchased a 2008 silver pine mica Prius package 2 for 22154 + TTL

I believe I did pretty well and I am very happy with the car.

The rub is that I have to still drive my Honda Civic to and from work so people can see it and consider buying it.:cool:

7. exbauer

exbauer Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I just picked up a 2008 Prius Touring with pkg. 6 for $26,416 in Chicagoland.

8. peakay

peakay Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    OK, this is used, but just bought an 05 with HOV stickers, package 9 or 6 (whatever has everything that year) plus installed leather, tint, XM for $15.5.

The car is a salvage title, but the rebuilder showed me the work and how they certify everything is repaired properly. Guaranteed for a year. This is certainly not for everyone, but since I've done a lot of car work I was comfortable with it.

The car looks and drives great, almost looks new. We're happy.

9. jdonalds

jdonalds Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    Touring
    We purchased our white package 2 2008 in Simi Valley California in January for $25,149 out the door. It was done using the CostCo purchase method.

10. Brodie

Brodie New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Just got an 08 package 2? (I think, it has HG and HZ) barcelona red for $22,402 + $115 in fees in Rhode Island (RI caps doc fees at $75, fortunately). The dealer insisted this was invoice and wouldn't budge below it despite nearly an hour of haggling. Seems like we could have gone a little lower but still a fair price. If I hadn't tried to haggle I would have been in and out of there very painlessly. I had gotten 3 quotes for the same car at 22,878, 22,500 and 22,402.

11. SparrowHawk60

SparrowHawk60 Happy to be green!

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    A grand total of $28,164.93 for a 2008 with package six.
    Silver Green Pica with Gray Leather...

12. caroleyang

caroleyang New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    In palo alto toyota, I just negotiated some price for silver pine mica 2008 prius package 2 (including floormat) + toyota vip 3200 plus security alarm, for $22200.

Package 2 does not include the security alarm. Therefore, I have to ask them to install one and pay that. Otherwise, it won't be $22200.

I am just wondering why i don't see anyone with package 2 order any security alarm system. Is it not necessary?

Thanks.

13. arf1410

arf1410 Junior Member

With the smart Key system, I can't imagine an alarm adds much...and also, though I haven't seen any statistics, I gotta believe a prius is near the bottom of the list of most stolen cars...

14. Dannychico

Dannychico New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    2008 package #2 - white w/ gray interior

$22,473
    $24593 out the door.

Got it from Marina Del Rey. Richard in the internet department. Also had matching prices from Culver City and North Hollywood. Really any of the dealers in L.A. will match this price. It's just a question of whether or not they have your specific car in stock. White w/ gray interior seemed to be pretty rare. Hank at Culver City tried to sell us a white w/ tan interior and then was a little underhanded about whether or not he could get one with gray interior (he couldn't, but wanted us to sign with him anyway). Beware.

15. charansr

charansr Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    2008 Classic Silver Metallic Touring Package 6

Paid 25400 + Tax, Lic and Doc = 27800 OTD

East Bay CA

16. sammyman

sammyman New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Anyone here know anything about the $2,000 manufactures incentive going on? I live in the Bay Area, and most dealers have this on the sticker. Is this some kind of marketing scheme, or can we expect to actually get a significant savings with the incentive?

17. 911turbox50

911turbox50 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    08 touring #6 27K + tax Chicago

18. Seamus

Seamus Grumpy old man

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I can confirm that for you. I was at the dealer today to have the wife's Corolla in for the state inspection. The package 5 and 6 seemed to have the $2000 off the MSRP right on the sticker. There was a package 3 there with a much lesser discount. I believe it was $648. Don't hold me to that because I didn't expect a pop quiz. :D

19. norcaloz

norcaloz New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I just picked up a Magnetic Gray package 6 for $25,431.

I saw an ad from a San Bruno dealer on Craigslist for $25,600 (which is the lowest I've ever seen for a pkg6!) , and I called Walnut Creek Toyota (my local) to see what they could do...George in the Internet Sales dept was awesome......no pressure at all, long test drive by ourselves to check some things out, came back, paid cash, and thanks to this website the guy in the finance and insurance dept didn't have a chance of unloading his crap on me!
    :D:D:D:D:D THANKS SO MUCH!!!

$27,953.00 out the door with TTL in northern california.

20. pelewis2

pelewis2 Junior Member

We just picked up a silver pine mica Touring pkg# 2 in Denver for 23824+Tax (floor mats and rear bumper applique).