1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How much you paid for your Prius??

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by Prius07Pkg4, Nov 18, 2006.

1. stevelawrence

stevelawrence Junior Member

>OUCH - I just paid (dec. 10th) $27822 for the same car - via internet at Hamer Toyota in the valley

Ouch is relative :p

On 2/10/07 I bought my :

2007 Blue, Package #5,
    +mats, +wheel locks, +cargo bits, +odds and sundries which happened to be in the car at the time,
    +1 year free maintenance,
    +book of coupons (apparently worth $1000) for tires, oil changes, etc

0% finance for 2 years.

For $26,100

Towne Toyota of Ledgewood in New Jersey. (http://www.townetoyota.com/en_US/)
    Tim was my salesman.

If you look him up, let me know. He gives $100 finders gift for referrals which I'll happily throw at a buyer - It's Karma. My neighbour threw his referral gift for our Solar panels at us :)

Anyway - I felt no pressure, although I'd done my homework beforehand, and gotten quotes from others, noted the Extended warranty offered here. I was thrown by the Sirius Satellite exclusion (and so was he), but nice Mr PriusEnvy here gave me what I needed to look at the Factorything page where they have a do-it-yourself kit.

Biggest mistake was taking my wife... who crippled my negotiating with wide-eyes at the mention of the coupon book. *sigh*

Still, I'm very happy with my deal, and would recommend that dealership to any in the northern NJ area.

Steve.

2. jackovalltrades

jackovalltrades New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PriusRos @ Feb 11 2007, 08:56 AM) [snapback]388404[/snapback]</div>
    You know I almost bought from Darcars in Frederick. They had a 3 day sale at the end of January. It was for $1000 below invoice. The manager said they sold 16 of them in those 3 days. They didn't have a package #5 which I was looking for in my color. And after the 3 days they were unwilling to go below invoice.

I picked up my new Prius yesterday afternoon. How hard up were they to sell the car you ask? I told them I couldn't get a ride down to Tysons Corner from western Maryland until Monday or Tuesday at the earliest. They said the deal had to be done by Sunday. The salesman drove to my house (over 60 miles) and picked me up and drove me down there to get the deal done. Now that's customer service for ya! They were true to their word on price too. Total ended up being $25,099 for the package #5, including their dealer "fees". That also included the cargo net, floormats, a nice pin stripe on the sides and first aid kit.

If anyone's in the market in the DC area and wants my salesman's info PM me and I'll gladly provide it to you.

3. patrickindallas

patrickindallas Shire rat

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    2007 Touring

Option Package #5

Care Package A

Extendo-warranty.

$1400 under MSRP.

Went directly through fleet manager.

4. afed

afed New Member

Hi everybody. I just joined. I've been shopping for a new Prius by email for the past week. Edmunds, NADA, and Kelley Blue Book all quote 26,348 as "invoice" price for a Prius w/package 6 (NW). A few dealers have claimed it is a little low. (One specifically claimed it was 26,701). Does anybody know what the correct invoice price is for that vehicle, or are these dealers BS'ing to build in a few hundred profit? Anybody have the consumer reports printout for this car?

Shockingly, a few months ago I stopped into a dealer and nobody could even show me one they were so hard to come by. Now, they're already quoting me below $27K for this model. (MSRP is 29,345.) Just trying to determine how low can we go on this one. Any help would be much appreciated.

5. CerebralPaulie

CerebralPaulie Junior Member

Looks like the North East is the place to buy a Prius! I just got a Magnetic Gray package 5 for 25K out the door with 0% financing two weeks ago. Roughly $250 under dealer invoice. Drove it home that day. They had a bunch on the lot and so did many other dealers in the area. Love the car, lots of fun to drive and great milage. What more can you ask?

6. hmerskine

hmerskine New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(CerebralPaulie @ Feb 12 2007, 02:05 PM) [snapback]389126[/snapback]</div>
    SoCal might not be too bad. Base model Prius for $20999, as advertised in LA Times, plus sales tax and license. Didn't think i needed the extras.

7. afed

afed New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(CerebralPaulie @ Feb 12 2007, 05:05 PM) [snapback]389126[/snapback]</div>
    Which dealer? Notice if they had any blue, package 6's?

8. jesart

jesart Junior Member

1) I paid about $30,500 out the door with tax/registration.

2) $28,000 2007 Pkg 6 Fully loaded

3) Financed $20,000 with USAA. Paid balance with cash

4) Bought 100,000 mile Ext warranty from Troy: $990
    Auto Care Maintenance Package 55,000 mile from Troy: $875

http://priuschat.com/index.php?showtopic=3...;hl=Maintenance

Total price for car, tax,regis, and extras:

32,400 est. Pkg 6

9. CerebralPaulie

CerebralPaulie Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(afed @ Feb 12 2007, 06:30 PM) [snapback]389178[/snapback]</div>
    Route 22 in Hillside. Didn't see blue. Might've bought it if I did!

10. liverbomb88@yahoo.com

[email protected] New Member

We got a Barcelona Red Touring Edition Package 6 for $350 under invoice and 0% financing for 24 months. Most local dealers here in SD are selling at least $3000 off MSRP. Even the Camry Hybrid can be had for $100 below invoice. Great deals going on now.

With the money we saved, we can purchase the extended warranty from Troy, which will save us even more money compared to what the dealer wanted ($2400).

Thanks to everyone who posts on these forums. It is a great resource on the web. :D

11. Drainedclog

Drainedclog New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(vfr00 @ Nov 19 2006, 01:14 PM) [snapback]351777[/snapback]</div>
    Lucky u got a metallic grey i wanted that one, but u had to pay the premium package for that
    so we settled for a really good color for a prtty darn cheap price 21,700 and like 24-25k out of door

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(vfr00 @ Nov 19 2006, 01:14 PM) [snapback]351777[/snapback]</div>
    Lucky u got a metallic grey i wanted that one, but u had to pay the premium package for that
    so we settled for a really good color for a prtty darn cheap price 21,700 and like 24-25k out of door
    AFTER HAGLING OF course at Berkeley toyota, but i noticed that some dealers advertise the same exact price on the msrp, BERKELEY MSRP IS LIKE 2.5K ABOVE EVERYONE ELSE IN THE BAY AREA!

12. lithale

lithale New Member

I just purchased a 2004 Prius. It is fully loaded sans leather interior with 34,000 miles. I bought it from Findlay Toyota in Las Vegas for 19,800. I think I got a decent deal.

Mark Saint was my salesman. Nice guy though good at what he does. ;) Sticker price on the lot was about 20,800, though the price on the internet was 19,800 which they wouldn't budge on. Where they like to get you here is on the financing. I finally got them down to a decent rate, but it took a bit. I would recommend Mark though. At least he's highly entertaining while trying to run up the profit margin.

Overall I'm a very happy camper.

13. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    its funny that a few good deals in selected parts of the country makes it seem like that Priuses are cheap everywhere. in VA where there is an HOV exemption that obviously caused more than normal sales in the area which in turns causes these same dealers to get a bigger than their fair share of allotments and now they have vehicles that are not selling when in most of the country that is not the case. Toyota's allocation system needs work

14. grasshopper

grasshopper Member

I bought my 06 #3 new a year ago and my cost out the door after tax rebate, personal property tax, title & license was $20,202.50. :)

15. malibucarl

malibucarl Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

Paid $300 under invoice last weekend in Culver City Ca. Nice experience. Will be glad to give you Salesperson info. Just PM me.
    Carl

16. mkpartners

mkpartners New Member

Just got a 2007 Magnetic Grey Prius with Package #5 for $25,455 + Tax & Registration from Hollywood Toyota. Bought through the internet department and was extremely satisfied with the whole experience.

17. slothfratelli

slothfratelli Junior Member

I bought an '07 touring package #2 at Koons Arlington Toyota (Arlington, VA) for 23,000 out the door.

The out the door included all "dealer's fees", title/license and DC parking, but it didn't include tax bc in DC there is no sales tax for hybrids! So after taking off those fees I think it was like 200 over kellys blue book invoice. At the time, this was a smoking deal in this area.

Buyers should cast their nets wide with dealership internet managers and forward their emails to one another to let them bid against each other. Be patient. This was the first new car I've ever purchased and was amazed at how walking away made them squeal (and then I just used their subsequent offer to get a better one from another dealer).

18. Roger Dodger 1

Roger Dodger 1 New Member

[I asked this question on another file, but really need some input -- thanks ]

I am new here, looking to purchase a new car (2007) --

Question: when some of you say, you made a deal at so many dollars (and quote the price) for a car and package #5 or #6 -- I want to make sure I understand just what you got . . . .

I have a quote and it has the cost for the car, PLUS Package #5 costs, PLUS "The Extra Mile Option Package C, with a price, and PV "Permavin / Glass Etch and Limited Warranty" with a price -- then a total.

So -- when you quote your price and say with package #5 (or #6) is that with some other items like I just listed, or only the #5 or #6 ???

Because that could be a $1,000 to $1,300 difference or higher.

I just want apples to be apples -- and not walk away from a good deal.

ALSO, I am reading that it is really better to have #6 with leather from the factory, than at the port, and done local, is if-ie ????

Finally, to have XM Radio, if the car is here, and not installed, can the dealer do it OK? Or is that a port issue . . .

See, I need some help, Thanks,

Roger Dodger 1

19. ukr2

ukr2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    Roger,

As I posted above, I picked up my 2007 Metalic Grey #5 on Feb.5th with carpet mats and Rear Bumper Applique for $28174.38 Out the Door.

$25984 Invoice plus $200, $1832.88 7%tax, $45 Dealer Processing Fee, $90 Licence, Title, Registration, $10 NYS Inspection and $12.50 NYS Waste Tire Mgt Fee. $1173.93 payments for 24 months. 0% Financing is available until the end of Feb.

I used an Auto Broker who did all the legwork contacting the dealers to get the best price and to sell my old car. I just signed the finance request paper, then came back to pick up the car. He's worth the $375 he charged me.

I didn't see or pay for "The Extra Mile Option Package C, with a price, or the PV "Permavin / Glass Etch and Limited Warranty" with a price.

I wish everyone would breakdown their Total Prices too.

20. dogfriend

dogfriend Human - Animal Hybrid

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Hi Folks,

I just bought a 2007 Prius w/ Package #6 from Maita Toyota in Sac CA. Sticker price was $29,544. I paid $26,529. The "closer" showed me an invoice and claimed that this was $500 under invoice. It was approx $500 over the ad price that they ran this weekend for 4 units. They claimed that they didn't have any of "those" cars left but admitted that this car was exactly the same. <_<

Anyway, I was able to finance at 4.9% for 60months which was lower than my credit union is offering (6.39% for 60 mo), so I am happy with the deal.

The finance guy remembered me from when my GF bought her 2001 Avalon. I caught him trying to manipulate the numbers on the extended warranty for the Avalon (she didn't get it after we caught him). This worked in my favor on the Prius; he gave a half hearted attempt to sell me the extended warranty, but didn't push it after I declined, so no other added costs on my car.

The customer relations lady, Sharon, told me that there is some great info on this website; I had already read a few threads here for research on the car. She is right; this is a great resource for Prius owners or potential owners. :)