1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How Our Cell Phones Kill Gorillas

Discussion in 'Environmental Discussion' started by Silver bullit, Dec 25, 2010.

1. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Daniel is correct. Try not to buy so much stuff, buy second hand when you can, or better yet not at all.

Two years ago, I was given an Apple wireless mouse as a present. I used it for a few weeks and then the cat knocked it off my desk and the mouse broke. I sent multiple letters to Apple—not requesting a replacement, but telling them to make more durable products—and ended up receiving form letters...and a replacement!

I thought to myself, wouldn't it be great if they made a retention wire to keep it from falling off the desk? Oh, wait, they do. It's called a USB mouse. Which is 1/3 the price and doesn't consume batteries at a frightening pace.

2. Silver bullit

Silver bullit Right Lane Cruiser

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    George Carlin on stuff:

3. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm sorry if I offended anyone. I would like to state that I'm unequivocally against the killing of Gorillas.

Unless of course they are out to kill you. Or you suddenly start getting bananna scented notes that say things like "I know what you did last Summer".

Then, I'm all for killing them.

But in general? I liked Sigourney Weaver in "Gorillas in The Mist".

My knowledge of Primates comes from having watched every single film in the "Planet of The Apes" series...I think that qualifies me as an expert. So I know, that as strange things might seem, never assume the planet you're on...isn't your own.

Assuming this is my home planet...then I'm also for conserving resources such as rain forests and The Congo..if we let these valuable resources be destroyed..we will have nothing to base superficial theme park rides on...

Which leads logically to the fact that I've also seen Disney's Jungle Book, which makes me an expert on Animal/Human relations. If cornered by a bear, or Louis Prima, start singing "The Bare Necessities"- all the better if it is into a Cell Phone...

Also, IMO...Mowgli is a name not used enough...I like it better than Prius v...

But once again...Killing Gorillas? Bad. Illegal exploitation of natural resources for short term personal gain...unwise at best....

Make no mistake...I've seen the Forbidden Zone...I'd rather monkey around here....

1 person likes this.
  4. mojo

mojo Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Guerrillas use cell phones to trigger IEDs killing innocent bystanders.Its only fitting cellphones are killing guerrillas.
    Nevermind.

5. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    They also use cell phones to communicate and coordinate their nefarious activities. But what that has to do with gorillas, I cannot imagine. :D

6. a_gray_prius

a_gray_prius Rare Non-Old-Blowhard Priuschat Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Likely because cellular phones are becoming seen as disposable appliances and people keep them for months at a time (often replacing them not because there is some underlying problem with the hardware, but because they want to be able to change their status on Failbook). Witness the neverending herd of iPhone upgraders (Oohhh! but it has 100 more pixels!). This is opposed to a lot of other devices which we buy and have product lifetimes in the multi-year range.

1 person likes this.
  7. FL_Prius_Driver

FL_Prius_Driver Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    I
    I expect the real reason is that they actually wanted to blame the Prius, but that Sudbury and the Chinese rare earth mines got first dibs.